Notices

This app doesnt seem to work properly

Yesterday I added a new record (the only record, just after install) and entered the Miles as 123000 because the car has done 123000 miles
Today I added a new record with 123500 miles and fuelpad calculated the trip to be -123000
I added another record for 123800 and again the trip was -123000
I added another record for 123900 and again the trip was -123000

I gave up

Posts: 166 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by cjard View Post
This app doesnt seem to work properly

Yesterday I added a new record (the only record, just after install) and entered the Miles as 123000 because the car has done 123000 miles
Today I added a new record with 123500 miles and fuelpad calculated the trip to be -123000
I added another record for 123800 and again the trip was -123000
I added another record for 123900 and again the trip was -123000

I gave up
Please see my followup in https://garage.maemo.org/tracker/ind...=554&atid=2066. But maybe you don't want it, since you have already given up.

I'll continue the discussion in just one place which is the bug report. Suffice to say that I still don't even own an N900. I have made the N900 version for you, for free but without any promises. I can very well choose to use my free time on something else.

The Following User Says Thank You to jlu For This Useful Post:
Nice app. Appreciate your work on this.

The Following User Says Thank You to RockCreek1 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 96 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Denver, CO -> Italy
I have installed this app few months ago and I am really happy, works great.

I agree with RockCreek1, you did a really nice job jlu

A new version 0.90 is available for testing in extras-devel repository both for Fremantle and Diablo.

Warning! You must take a backup of your fuelpad database (if you don't know the location, don't test the new version)! You must also record your data on paper or some other way.

The biggest change is that not full fills are now supported. This required quite much changes in many places where the database is handled and therefore there may still be bugs even though I have tested it quite much.

Other changes can be seen on the fuelpad package page.

Please report any issues either here or to garage bug tracker.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jlu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 29 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
Update done, database is after this ok.

Originally Posted by teddy3 View Post
Update done, database is after this ok.
Good to hear that the update works

The installation/update and starting does not alter the database but adding, editing or removing records might do something weird, hence the warnings.

Hi jlu,

I'm a graduate student that is working on an AI for a car that learns the driving patterns of a driver. I've been trying to collect some data to test my algorithm on, but the time schedule I have is just too short so I'm trying to see if someone that uses this application could volunteer their data.

But I have a specific question: the data that I am interested in is only relevant if it gives me the time the driver drove, say 8:53 am, rather than just the day. From the screenshots it seems like Fuelpad doesn't do this, is that correct?

Posts: 381 | Thanked: 847 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by jwc808 View Post
But I have a specific question: the data that I am interested in is only relevant if it gives me the time the driver drove, say 8:53 am, rather than just the day. From the screenshots it seems like Fuelpad doesn't do this, is that correct?
Fuelpad only gives you times when gas tank was filled, with how much, what was the odometer at that point etc.

It might be interesting to have a separate application for actually tracking driving habits. If it helped corporate users to file mileage reports then all the better.

Originally Posted by jwc808 View Post
Hi jlu,

I'm a graduate student that is working on an AI for a car that learns the driving patterns of a driver. I've been trying to collect some data to test my algorithm on, but the time schedule I have is just too short so I'm trying to see if someone that uses this application could volunteer their data.

I didn't quite catch your idea but as bergie already wrote, Fuelpad only collects information related to filling your tank or doing some kind of services. Requests have been made to add logging your driving but I haven't had the time to implement that. We've had too good spring weather here in Finland and I've spend most of my free time outdoors instead of coding