I read many threads about phone calls and gtalk etc but i didn't get a summary. please can anyone can explain for me how i make video call?. step by step please.

Posts: 385 | Thanked: 344 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by ali.harmouch View Post
I read many threads about phone calls and gtalk etc but i didn't get a summary. please can anyone can explain for me how i make video call?. step by step please.
Well, currently there is only one step:

1. you don't make a video call.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to omeriko9 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 34 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Fiji Islands
lol... it should come with the PR1.2 release.

i think video calls are possible before PR 1.2 via gtalk,but i doesnt work fo me neither :-(

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
from what i read, "video calls" only work as gtalk video calls and only if somebody else calls the N900. it's not possible to initiate a video call from the n900.

at least that's how i understand it. - anyway, i never managed to get it working, not even gtalk to gtalk. (even though it worked fine with all kinds of VoIP setups on maemo 4)

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Barcelona
I found it to work on Gtalk. However, it only worked while the one on the computer was the one calling :S

No 3g video call or skype by the way

Yep it works on Gtalk.But only if the video call is initiated by the computer.Call and video quality isn't great though

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Fiji Islands
Hmmm i dont know whats the front Camera for... Its main function should be Video calling. Sadly i cant use it in Fiji esp when its 20c/min video calling

so if it is like that, really why is the front camera for?? there will be any feature to use it? if yes, when ?

Amsn für Maemo (a live messenger clone) recognizes the front cam, but i havent tried a video conversation yet.

LQ