Posts: 610 | Thanked: 391 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ DC, USA
Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
Well I will tell you one thing for sure. Creating a new damn thread for this question when there is a perfectly good and active thread, currently in the process of trying to answer this question, is a bloody stupid idea.
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...6&postcount=48

Deuteronomy 13:6-10; 2 Kings 2:23-24; Judges 19:22-29

Originally Posted by bret hart View Post
Why cant people realise that companys dont simply work on one platfrom at a time. Microsoft would have been working on Windows 8 before 7 even hit the shelves, did that mean Microsoft are abandoning 7? Of course not.
but did they announce it so soon?? did they say theres goingto be a new windows release in less than a year??

lets just hope they think about the people [ like me ] who have high hopes on the n900 that has so muc raw power and potential. being an open source and depending only on the "Consumers and hackers" is not enough for a device to rise and shine.

The Following User Says Thank You to Ali_rshojakhani For This Useful Post:
Posts: 78 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by Matan View Post
But Nokia have never released an update to an older Maemo based system after a new version was released, so what Microsoft does is irrelevant, and what Nokia does (and will do) is relevant.

According to Maemo history, once a device with Maemo 6 is out, Maemo 5 will be ignored. If N900 does not get Maemo 6, it means that it will be ignored.
Your are right. I cant remember nokia updating the OS on a phone ever through firmware releases, so if you are realisitic you shouldnt expect anything extra from the N900 except for bug fixes. I dont think Nokia have ever said otherwise and you have to accept their business revolves around people replacing theire devices every so often.

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by Ali_rshojakhani View Post
but did they announce it so soon?? did they say theres goingto be a new windows release in less than a year??

lets just hope they think about the people [ like me ] who have high hopes on the n900 that has so muc raw power and potential. being an open source and depending only on the "Consumers and hackers" is not enough for a device to rise and shine.

Oh boy, I dont mean to be a killjoy but all your hopes are wasted. Nokia will not be adding much on the way of new features to the N900. What you see is pretty much all you will get.

Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
Well I will tell you one thing for sure. Creating a new damn thread for this question when there is a perfectly good and active thread, currently in the process of trying to answer this question, is a bloody stupid idea.
its an even stupider idea to try and talk down to someone like you did there mate, i actually find some of the comments said to other members on this forum as totally disgusting, and absolutely disrespectful, why does everyone here have such a terrible attitude to eachother?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to leetut For This Useful Post:
from my understanding, this is a good thing--it's an open OS that can be shoehorned into as many devices as possible (like android). ARM, x86, you name it.
so this can only be good for the n900--this means (unlike the MAEMO 4 -> MAEMO 5 compatibility break we got with the N800/810) that we can enjoy future OS upgrades to the current device

The Following User Says Thank You to jobber99 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 41 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ ireland
Do you guys actually use the n900? or you're just waiting,... waiting for Godot?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oskarmat For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by leetut View Post
why does everyone here have such a terrible attitude to eachother?
They smell funny? Well, that's my reason.

I believe everyone has known moblin and maemo are merging. As a user of N900, I was sad and sorrowful. From the nokia.com, meego.com and intel.com, we've already known that N900 is the last device (and first) which runs Maemo 5 OS. In other words, Maemo 5 is a transitional step walking by NOKIA However, because of the design of hardware of N900 and Nokia's benefit, this device can probably NOT be updated to Meego (note: Maemo 6 doesn't exist any longer). All of these mean WE ARE ORPHANS. Nobody is gonna take of us...
Let's cry...There are less and less softwares we could use; there are more and more bugs we will find. What a tragedy!
Let me use this word "囧" to describe my current feeling!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to noneof For This Useful Post:

Tags
just a bunch of