Active Topics

Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by bluefoot View Post
No I didn't change position .. if you can't see the first quote is dripping in sarcasm, sorry, but I refuse to use inane /s tags.
Looking at the context, it doesn’t look like that at all, /s tags would most definitely have been needed, nice pivot, but I’ll take you word for it.

Anyway as I said, I don't think he disagreed with you that the Russian statement was baseless, & there's no way Jolla would be delivering in that time-line, you both seemed to be talking across 2 different points (he not fully getting what you were saying).

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Looking at the context, it doesn’t look like that at all, /s tags would most definitely have been needed, nice pivot, but I’ll take you word for it.

Anyway as I said, I don't think he disagreed with you that the Russian statement was silly, & that there's no way Jolla would be delivering in that time-line, you both seemed to be talking across 2 different point (he not fully getting what you were trying to say).
On topic. If Russian said that, they only can info from Jolla. So is it again bad PR (same as tablet said to be opensource on indiegogo page) or promises they make and can stand by (same as opensourcing UI). Anyway if Russian can't be official statement — true. But where did they get that info, they do not write it from nowhere. So it's related to Jolla. Or they just promise everyone to opensource (more likely) or they actually plan to(not likely).
Sometimes people make themselves to believe in own lies and they keep telling them, but it never happens (Cartman style)

Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
On topic. If Russian said that, they only can info from Jolla. So is it again bad PR (same as tablet said to be opensource on indiegogo page) or promises they make and can stand by (same as opensourcing UI). Anyway if Russian can't be official statement — true. But where did they get that info, they do not write it from nowhere. So it's related to Jolla. Or they just promise everyone to opensource (more likely) or they actually plan to(not likely).
Sometimes people make themselves to believe in own lies and they keep telling them, but it never happens (Cartman style)
To pin that entirely on Jolla is a really long bow to draw, we're not privy to the discussions that took place, & between whom...

Did Jolla forget to communicate their latest position & their planned approach? Or did they communicate it but it didn't reach the minister? Perhaps the minister wasn't directly contactable then, or maybe bureaucratic processes dictate that it be relayed to staff before being relayed to him? Or did the Russian minister (or staff) fabricate his statement, as he wasn't across all the detail from prior discussions, & hence was covering his tracks? I've seen that a few times over the years, a minister isn't up-to-speed with certain areas of his/her portfolio, so he/she concocts rubbish in order to "fill in the blanks".

Not having all the detail/facts, it's not possible to directly attribute blame, what's clear though is that there's been a comms breakdown, & one party or both has had had a hand in it. Neither is going to finger the other, certainly not Jolla, as they want to maintain the browny points.

The most important thing is that we know which statement to ignore & which to observe, the statement made by Saarnio is the one to take on-board. But in typical Jolla form it was very vague (at least they communicate lots compared to most big orgs, but they may as well not much of the time, because it's often way too scant), maybe they'll clear that one up, they did say "soon".

But they've said "soon" many times before, so who knows any more, all we can do is W&S, surely we'll hear much more in the next mth or so, maybe not about this, but surely about other aspects of this entire endeavour.

I must admit, I am disappointed in the manner that stskeeps has chosen to respond, I had hoped he'd be able to enlighten us on at least some major points of contention/conjecture.

But I don't fully blame him, it's not even his area, other folks are handling this end of the product dev cycle. He shouldn't be the one that always "hoses down" these things, that's up to others (& if they were more proactive there'd be much less to "hose down") that we never hear from here, & barely @TJC too (by many accounts).

Last edited by jalyst; 2015-07-02 at 19:57.

Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
What experience? Show me one example of Stskeeps' post starting a chain of speculations rather than putting a stop to it.

Heck, I will be even more generous. Show me one exmaple of any official statement from Jolla that starts a chain of speculations rather than putting a stop to it.

Speculations are born from the lack of information, not the presence of it.
Um... I'm not sure if you have followed any discussions during last year, but so far every new piece of information indeed has spawned new questions and then speculation. Lack of information will always be present as there is always something that is "missing". Even if perfect knowledge was available (which is most of time impossible), people can be quite creative. I don't know if I'm too cynical to say that count of peoples problems is somewhat constant - solve one, new ones are invented ad infinitum.

Of course you can argue that those speculations are just because of lack of information, that every single detail has not been poured out in way you'd like. But my point still stands: there will never be enough information to stop speculation. People love speculating way too much.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Still after all this years at TMO I see people cry about X/Y/Z device not coming in time.

Will you people never learn? Or grow up? Are you people not having a job or still in high school with unrealistic hopes and dreams?

I am sure when the damn device appers you people will start complain and hope for a next device blablabla.

TMO the place where history repeats itself over and over again.

I hope for next device to be a brand new phone, and I'm not the only one so hope for next device has already begun.

I remember someone from Jolla mentioning "next device" after Tablet in TJC not too long ago... may the speculation begin.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
So whats your take...will we get our tablets within 25 days or are we up for another delay?

waiting for that BIG BANG...we are ready for release blog post any second now.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2015-07-03 at 06:18.

My money's on a delay, & I think we'll get answers to many (not all) of the lingering Qns within this mth, I must admit I'll be very disappointed if we don't.

Someone suggested earlier in this thread, that we should start compiling all of the things that are major issues & unanswered Qns, how about we actually do that?
Putting some structure behind it all, so then at least if someone from Jolla does decide to clear-up a bunch of things, they can do so much more easily.

Feels a bit like Ground Hog Day, but it's certainly more constructive...

Last edited by jalyst; 2015-07-03 at 07:52.

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund