I can say that I saw the IMAP notification count issue in single message mode (I have never use threaded mode) but adding the SQL trigger as specified by @Shinto in the other thread has solved the problem for me also

The Following User Says Thank You to nbedford For This Useful Post:
At least for me the SQL trigger doesn't work 100% of the time - even Shinto said it probably wouldn't be 100% effective. A few times I've opened my Yahoo account with 1 new email indicated and found 2!

I only use single message mode as well and the manual refresh isn't immune from the problem. Shinto mentioned a possible issue with the SQL fix and a write-ahead log DB so maybe that's getting in the way

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhitP For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by WhitP View Post
At least for me the SQL trigger doesn't work 100% of the time - even Shinto said it probably wouldn't be 100% effective. A few times I've opened my Yahoo account with 1 new email indicated and found 2!

I only use single message mode as well and the manual refresh isn't immune from the problem. Shinto mentioned a possible issue with the SQL fix and a write-ahead log DB so maybe that's getting in the way
Just like WhitP, I am noticing some slips, too, and the sqlite/trigger approach seems to have more slips as time goes on. I would add that the slips happen in both the thread mode and single message mode. And they happen whether the mail refresh is caused by schedule or by manually hitting the button.

Thanks to Sergey for checking into the root cause of the issue, since the workaround is not a perfect solution.

The Following User Says Thank You to Hacker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 184 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Nizhny Novgorod
Hi all,

first of all I want to say that MeMailSettings is finally updated in the OviStore! Feel free to download it and having fun with this update

And now about these read/unread count issue. I'll be really busy during couple of weekends (birthday parties, weddings, etc. ), so I think I could take a look at this issue closer only in September

Don't know how to sync your Hotmail account as an Exchange account with your Nokia N9? Use MeMailSettings! For help you can check out MeMailSetting's support page.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sergey_Kashin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 136 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Hungary
I posted my problem in other topics, but no one could help me, and it is connected to the read/unread count issue.

my problem: can't install sqlite3, because some packages can't authenticated. I install with root. Any suggestions?

I ran terminal:

"devel-su"

then

"apt-get install sqlite3"

Thanks.

UPDATE: Problem solved.

Last edited by Arthuro_Adam; 2012-08-21 at 05:59.

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
hey, does anyone knows a way to download more messages on the N9 programmatically?
just like pressing the "get more messages" button, but with dbus or something else?

Originally Posted by erendorn View Post
hey, does anyone knows a way to download more messages on the N9 programmatically?
just like pressing the "get more messages" button, but with dbus or something else?
Look at the QMF headers.IIRC it should be something in QMailAction, etc. Also, try to look at the plugins implementation. I don't think that I can tell you more, but I think that's should be enough.

Don't know how to sync your Hotmail account as an Exchange account with your Nokia N9? Use MeMailSettings! For help you can check out MeMailSetting's support page.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sergey_Kashin For This Useful Post:
I have a strange problem and I want to know if that's come from my mail serveur (Zimbra) or from the phone.

When I receveid a mail of my wife (only a picture send by iphone) I see an empty mail with no attachment in my mail account configure like exchnage account.

But if I use imap connection to the same serveur it's OK and I can see the attachement.

Do you have the same problem ??

Originally Posted by kaulian View Post
I have a strange problem and I want to know if that's come from my mail serveur (Zimbra) or from the phone.

When I receveid a mail of my wife (only a picture send by iphone) I see an empty mail with no attachment in my mail account configure like exchnage account.

But if I use imap connection to the same serveur it's OK and I can see the attachement.

Do you have the same problem ??
Try to check the activesync logs. When logs are enabled do this:

1) Send an email with image to your account.
2) On your N9 do a manual sync.
3) Check the logs.

So, you should get an xml output in the logs for received email,
check it. Is it contain any data about attachment (that it exists, etc.)?

The Following User Says Thank You to Sergey_Kashin For This Useful Post:
Hi,

My N9 recently updated to PR1.3 and also updated memailsettings.

Since that time, I have been unable to receive HTML emails from either my Exchange or Hotmail accounts.

I have both setup in memail to "Fetch full message's MIME" and the Hotmail account also has "Force EAS protocol version" set to 2.5. I have also tried differenet combinations of these without any luck.

Has anybody else experienced these issues?

I have tried deleting and readding both accounts but keep getting the same issue.

Thanks.

Tags
attachments, email, issues, mail exchange, nokia n9, nokia n950