Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
As i was just going to bed i took my N810 as usual to ldo some lite browsing before i fell asleep. The crisp and large screen with the stand on my chest..... then suddenly i remembered that in the near future i am going to miss my internet tablet
I already pre-ordered the n900 and am dying to play with it. But today it suddenly struck me that i am going to lose my close friend who had stayed all along with me 24x7 since the last 2 years. I felt sad....

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
Complete opposite. I have so many things I want to do with my n810 if it was not so crucial to my life. I always (ok not really) wished I had a second tablet!

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by Thesandlord View Post
I always (ok not really) wished I had a second tablet!
That's how it started with me.

Now I have 2 N800s and one N810; there's even a WSODed 770 somewhere.

You can never have enough tablets.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 76 | Thanked: 35 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Seattle
Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
As i was just going to bed i took my N810 as usual to ldo some lite browsing before i fell asleep. The crisp and large screen with the stand on my chest..... then suddenly i remembered that in the near future i am going to miss my internet tablet
I already pre-ordered the n900 and am dying to play with it. But today it suddenly struck me that i am going to lose my close friend who had stayed all along with me 24x7 since the last 2 years. I felt sad....
I agree with you. I always feel this way when I get something new. I spend so much time with a device, then it gets upgraded and I feel almost like I am betraying the previous device. I carry my N810 with me everywhere, and when I get my N900, it will be the same. This sad realization came to me before I ever pulled the trigger and pre-ordered the N900. My wife thinks I'm crazy and laughs at me for feeling this way, but I'm glad to see someone else has emotions tied with "a close friend", even if it is electronic.

I find Maemo Mapper so bloody useful (it does stuff no other GPS will ever do) that when my tablet dies, I'm gonna miss it. I had 3 tablets at one time (all n810's) but ended up selling two of them because I realized, only after getting the 3rd tablet, that by the time I started using the second or 3rd tablet, it'd be so out of date that it would be better to just go up to the next tablet. Now I wonder how much of a good idea that was.

Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Don't be sad. Help the joy last a little longer:

http://wiki.maemo.org/Talkiablo_Community_Project

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Hey sachin, you wanna sell that N810? My youngest son wants one.

I'm not sad. I think I'll just buy my N810 a new battery :-)

The Following User Says Thank You to fpp For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
The shortened battery life is what I'm noticing most on my old tablets these days. My daughter barely makes it through The Heffalump Movie before the tablet starts interrupting her movie with low battery warnings...

Posts: 201 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ San Francisco, CA
My N810's battery entirely died about a month before the N900 was announced. While the battery was dead, I started thinking... do I really need an IT? Can't my phone do it after all, now?

And, truthfully, it could do most of it. If I hacked around on it, it could do even more, but... I loved my tablet, so I bought a new battery for it and started to fall in love all over again. I'd stopped using it for ebooks because of the Kindle, and I'd stopped using it for music after I bought a bluetooth earpiece, and using it for the mobile web, well, that was the first thing to go (it usually takes me 30 seconds to that plus a minute to get it to successfully work with my phone )... but Mplayer was still gorgeous, and I could make it into a second screen for my netbook, and hacking around on it was just so much fun. And it worked with just about every piece of desktop software I had, too. (My desktop is Linux.

Then the N900 was announced. Gah! My poor, recently returned to me friend is going to be replaced? I was falling in love with it all over again, and then a new, younger tablet, with always-on internet and USB charging came in... and even though I held off at first, now I have an amazon preorder I keep thinking of cancelling.

I rambled a bit longer than I thought I would <_< I guess I mean to say, I know the feeling... it's nice to see there are other people as weird as me.

On a related note, does anyone else always want to find a "good home" for their used electronics more than they want to sell them for the most value?

Tags
i touch myself, objectophilia