Posts: 145 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Finland
Hello eweryone. i have weird little problem with my N900's display. sometimes it won't turn on the lights when i open the slider. it usually turns on when i use the dedicated lock switch on the right side. when the screen remains black after opening the slider and i touch it, i hear the "click" sound and i can scroll websites up and down but i am not able to see anything?
i did a search but no score, so if someone has posted this same issue before, please point me at the right direction.

i was going to do a reflash because my n900 is kinda full of junk and that leads to another question.

Is it possible to move contacts from device to SIMcard? all i need to save is contacts since all my pictures are on sdcard and there is nothing too important on the device itself.
thank you in advance.

Last edited by KetkuFIN; 2011-05-24 at 17:55.

did a reflash, no help.
anyone else had this issue?

Posts: 135 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
Do you see the led light working well?
If not, just try to take off the battery for a minute and then put it again. It should work because I had the same problem.

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
Don't think it will help, but try the simple brightness mod

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Try running Healthcheck, it might help you pinpoint the problem.

The Following User Says Thank You to mrsellout For This Useful Post:
This morning the screen went completely black without turning on even after battery was taken out and put back. it responds to touch though.
i disconnected the flat cable that connects screen to mainboard and connected it again and it works for a while but after the screen is locked for a while (like 3-5 min) it goes black again. there is no image or backlight. hardware issue since flashing didn't help? something in the screen is taking final breaths? imo N900's are almost impossible to kill without frying or crushing them and spare parts are relatively easy to get

weird... i disassembled the WHOLE thing and put it back together. now it works just fine. also i put screen brightness to maximum. could that be it?
well see how long it works until same thing happens
my N900 has taken a LOTS of punishment and i have to say i'm suprised that it has been working event this long

The Following User Says Thank You to KetkuFIN For This Useful Post: