Active Topics

Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 304 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Apeldoorn area, Netherlands
Originally Posted by youriehv View Post
I dont know if im the only one, when i have like 5 chats open. The phone become unuseable. Maemo asks me to close the app because it is not responding.
Non overclocked, running newest CSSU, KP50.

This is 30% CPU. In that screenshot i'm not chatting with alot of people, one person a big log of messaging, 3 others one message and the others empty.

Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
Originally Posted by reinob View Post
I actually use the full number (with country code) all the time, for all numbers in every phonebook on every phone I have..

But I also would like to be able to control which subset of my addressbook is visible to whatsapp, that is, if I decide to go on using it.

Perhaps we could have an option to only use contact entries which have a special note (e.g. "whatsapp" in the notes field).

Or better (if possible) have an extra whatsapp field (like skype, etc.)
In Wazzap a "Selective Sync" will be added. Simply great :
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=1347

But, by the time being it is only for N9. In a future there will be a N900 version.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to malkavian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
High CPU usage (due to non-native notifications) is already fixed in the release I'm working on, and I believe I already said it. There are still SEVERAL bugs to fix so I won't release it until I'm done.

And when I release it, there'll still be several bugs, and there will appear new ones, since this is an alpha stage. Please don't forget this is not a complete application and it's still way too far from being one. There's still a lot to do.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
It is so great that people forget that it is an alpha

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to malkavian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by youriehv View Post
I dont know if im the only one, when i have like 5 chats open. The phone become unuseable. Maemo asks me to close the app because it is not responding.
never had that problem so maybe its you're phone + to much other background stuff running ?

Bugs that I have noticed with version 0.0.9 may be they are fixed in next release v0.0.10 I don't know

1- Sometimes it opens the conversation with same person in new windows
2-Notification boxes similar to sms are displayed as ????? when the text of the person I am chatting with in Arabic may be this happens also with other languages like Chinese, I think this issue is related to encoding

Maybe this would help for a better GUI?
http://wiki.maemo.org/Conversation_Mods

Originally Posted by tonypower88 View Post
Bugs that I have noticed with version 0.0.9 may be they are fixed in next release v0.0.10 I don't know

1- Sometimes it opens the conversation with same person in new windows
2-Notification boxes similar to sms are displayed as ????? when the text of the person I am chatting with in Arabic may be this happens also with other languages like Chinese, I think this issue is related to encoding
1.- Fixed in 0.0.10.

2.- I'm sending notifications as UTF-8, would have to try other encondings.

The Following User Says Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Posts: 54 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Owerri, Nigeria
please before i use 0.0.9, must peters java port work on my phone? i have problem verifiying

Originally Posted by desolar View Post
please before i use 0.0.9, must peters java port work on my phone? i have problem verifiying
No. Upgrade to 0.0.9 and register your phone if you haven't done so already. 0.0.9 allows registration.

If you use Yappari you don't need any other Whatsapp client.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp