Active Topics

Just got up this morning and the phone had shutdown. Tried to put it back on but it won't boot. Only thing the phone responses to is when you stick it to a charger, the led-indicator flashes as orange for a while. Other than that nothing.

I have no 32bit OS (afaik the flasher doesn't work on 64bit OS yet/will never?) on my computer so couldn't yet try to flash it, but since the phone doesn't even show the Nokia logo with usb-cable plugged, I'd guess it's a hardware problem.

Anyone else have had similar problems? I'm not sure if it still has warranty, and before I start searching for some kind of receipt I'd appreciate if anyone would know something about this problem.

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
You can download a 32Bit ubuntu live CD and boot from it (CD or USB)

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 142 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Chicago, US
As far as I know flasher-3.5 works fine under x86_64 Linux, although it is not officially supported (can anyone confirm this?)

Community Council | Posts: 680 | Thanked: 1,227 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mbabane
Before you really flash it, check out
http://wiki.maemo.org/User:Jebba/Flash

Also, don't rule out a flat, or even aged battery. That is even more serious, as your flash will fail if your battery is too low

Last edited by sicelo; 2011-07-17 at 22:00.

dr_frost_dk,

Thanks for the tip, I'll try it out.

qhubekela,

I've tried it without battery on, and still it just flashes the led once as orange.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by pinsh View Post
As far as I know flasher-3.5 works fine under x86_64 Linux, although it is not officially supported (can anyone confirm this?)
It has worked for me. I got some kind of warning but ignored it and all was well. I was running Sidux, a version of Debian.

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
Originally Posted by pinsh View Post
Have done it under 64bit Debian, Ubuntu as well as Gentoo. Works fine, as long as you don't pay attention to the error messages and the wiki...

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Why does people think it needs a re-flash just because it appears "dead", it all depends on what was done prior to this that people do not tell you.

A dead battery no way means a re-flash.

Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
Why does people think it needs a re-flash just because it appears "dead", it all depends on what was done prior to this that people do not tell you.

A dead battery no way means a re-flash.
If you mean what was done to the phone then pretty much nothing. Set alarm on before going to sleep and when woke up it was dead.

Posts: 1,444 | Thanked: 461 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ pakistan
Originally Posted by sinisterm View Post
If you mean what was done to the phone then pretty much nothing. Set alarm on before going to sleep and when woke up it was dead.
Then it could be as abill said a battery dead issue , or you have any idea the last time you used your device how much battery was there ?
try to charge the battery with external charger .

Tags
forum mong