Posts: 424 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sweden
Hello.

I have run in to a difficult problem with MfE and my Hotmail-account.

A few days ago MfE totally messed up my contacts and synced down duplicates of almost every contact I got.
I tried to do a full re-sync but I only got error in communication with exchange.
So I made a backup of everything and decided to remove my syncprofile and set up a new.
But I get stuck when the wizard tries to do the first sync and there for I can’t finish the wizard.

I can sync against other Hotmail and gmail accounts.
And I can sync against my Hotmail-account from other devices such as my friends N9.
So something is wrong with MfE in combination with this Hotmail-account, I guess.

I have searched the forums for a solution with no luck.
Anyone who knows how to in some way reset MfE or re-install MfE to make it work again?

I have been thinking of re-install the phone, but those thoughts always ends with tears when I think of all the work I have to do to get it fully running again with all the tweeks and apps to configure and install. If I can’t get this working I guess I have to go for POP3 sync instead.

Thanks.

This starting to get seriusly strange.
Yesterday got another idea.
I setup sync against my hotmail-account and syncing only contacts.
After that hell broke lose.
The MfE wizard completet to my suprise. And when I checked status of whats been synced, ~540 out of ~330 contacts where deleted and ~340 new added. That was strange, but it was simular in some way to all the other strange behavours.
After that I opend contacs and it was empty.
So I rebooted, that I shouldnt have done.
Now hildon was a complete mess, every widget on top of each other and strange graphical artifacts.
The only thing I could do was to flash my phone.
I did that, at first I only flashed Fiasco, and when I was done I tryed to setup a new MfE profile. It was still the same.
So I flashed both with Fiasco and eMMC.
At this stage I got a vanilla N900 and the first thing I did was to setup a new MfE profile.
Guess what! I got Error in Communication with Exchange server.
I was stuned, how is that posible?
Anyone who has an idea?

Posts: 254 | Thanked: 146 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Antwerp Belgium
Originally Posted by toxaris View Post
Anyone who has an idea?
I've been looking endlessly to sync contacts and agenda to my N900.
For the moment this is working 90% of the time.
For contacts i use Nokia Ovi Suite, only to sync contacts, works great both ways
For agenda i use Google agenda and MFE, also only for agenda, works great but sometimes there's a prob with syncing so i try later again or in settings i sync all over again (bottom)
To have my contact on my phone i set up accounts for gmail, hotmail and skype at the availability button
I had to merge several contacts but one this is done it all works fine for the moment
surfing the web, navigate, chat, ttweet, email, scan, hack, share, tweak...
.....................and you can also use him to make a call

My issues seams to be solved for now.
The sync of Email and Contacts started to work again a couple of weeks later. Strange.
Guess the problem was on Hotmails side.