Notices

For all N9 users:

Version 2.0.6 is now also available in the ovi store.

@simonizer:

thanks, for the info, i also noticed this but i'm really not sure what can do or should do.

i currently send the string exactly as entered to the backend.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to smurfy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 10 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Middle East
Hello,

I was wondering if you could update the N900 version to include Sweden's Västtrafik.se, just like the N9/N950.

I am staying in Sweden for a month or more. I know no Swedish at all, and nothing here is written in English, only in Swedish. Stopping people in the street is embarrassing, not to mention that only few respond anyways.

I came with my trusted Nokia N900, and my crappy Android SGN, which I used for navigation. Of course the crappy one didn't stand a few drops of rain and some buttons died, so its next to useless now!

I really hope you can dedicate some time to help me out by updating your lovely app

Thank you for your time.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mk4ever For This Useful Post:
Posts: 10 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Middle East
I guess I was asking too much. You're probably busy.

Maybe I'll buy a cheap used Android (or N9, if I found one) to do the job.

Thank you anyways. Your app looks well-made, and your work is really appreciated.

Have a nice day

The Following User Says Thank You to Mk4ever For This Useful Post:
Posts: 560 | Thanked: 423 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Switzerland
I found another bug which at least exists with the SBB plugin:
There seems to be an issue with train stations which have an äüö in them.
If I use them, I get redirected to stations somewhere in Germany, i.e. Pforzheim.

Looking at the plain config file, I see that some stations are stored encoded and some use an äöü:
Code:
[General]
viaStation=please select
departureStation=BASEL
arrivalStation=R\xfcti ZH
currentBackend=3
The arrivalStation is encoded (instead of Rüti) but I get redirected to Pforzheim.
Interestingly, when I fix it in the config file to Rüti and start Fahrplan again, it gets converted back again to R\xfcti. Also I still get directeded to Pforzheim.

Tested it also with Bahn.de and there it works as expected.
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

The Following User Says Thank You to caco3 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 84 | Thanked: 459 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Germany
I'm using this for a couple of weeks now and absolutely love it. Thank you!

One suggestion though: Although the favorites are nice, a button to swap "Abfahrt" and "Ankunft" would be very nice.

The Following User Says Thank You to dirksonguer For This Useful Post:
I also asked the autor about a button to swap destinations. but: simply press long on destination or departure and a list will pop up offering you to swap the values

Last edited by donomar; 2012-09-22 at 09:09.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to donomar For This Useful Post:
Am I correct that the latest version of Fahrplan is still pre PR 1.2 and therefore has not been adapted to the new PR 1.2 font sizes?

I just noticed that in some cases - for example using the sbb.ch interface, that offers the "via" option - the available buttons/fields are so many that the "start search" button at the bottom is partially off-screen - respectively has no trailing space - and there is no scrolling to make it completely visible.

The Following User Says Thank You to hw9xx For This Useful Post:
Yep, i sometimes also had and have issues with the UI but i cannot reproduce this in contrast to your description.

Maybe u can write the autor to adress these issues.

The Following User Says Thank You to donomar For This Useful Post:
Version 2.0.9 is now available in the Store. Many thanks for that.

It cures what I described in #287.

After several months of use I have only one complaint on usability:

If you use this on a regular basis you tend to open the app once an after use just let it stay in the background for further use once the first query is done.

This leads to the problem, that the time of the original query is still set when you bring the app into the foreground again to make a new query, meaning you have to set time (and eventually date) manually for every new query, which is somewhat cumbersome.

It would be nice if both the Date and Time selectors would have a quickset option to set the time and date to the actual system time and date. This could for example be achieved by offering a long press menu with a "Now" option to set both the Date and Time selectors.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hw9xx For This Useful Post:
Hi,

sorry i'm not longer activly monitoring this thread
but i'm now enabled email notifications.
for feature requests please use github.com/smurfy/fahrplan.

@hw9xx:
i think both things are already reported as issues @github.

@Mk4ever:
sorry i'm quite busy with other stuff (mostly work) and simply out of the loop whats going on at the n900 side.

I tried porting the fahrplan2 to the n900 but i'm not sure about the gui.

whats default on the n900? are people still using the stock nokia image or do all users switched to cssu. also whats the state of the qml-components for the n900?

phil

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to smurfy For This Useful Post: