Closed Thread
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Dormant, here are the answers I've given before:

Originally Posted by qole View Post
Someone discovered that you have to go to the xvkbd menu (bottom left of keyboard), choose "Property", and set "Automatic Click" to "OFF".
This is a known issue. You have to open the XVKB menu by clicking on the button on the lower left and turn Automatic Click to OFF.
But it is not terribly useful to open LXDE just to run a terminal. Better to open a Maemo terminal and type "debbie" (for a Debian terminal as "user") or "sudo debian" (for a Debian terminal as "root").

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 332 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ St. Augustine, Trinidad and Tobago
Thanks,

I did look through the thread, but obviously not close enough 'cos I missed that info.
  • two magic OTG USB adapters
  • crossed fingers

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Don't worry. It's a very big thread.

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Indiana
Don't worry. It's a very big thread.
Qole has a big thread?!

Nice work on the ED. I'm just sloshing around in Linux more and more as of late so I had to check the thread to see what's happening in here. Last time I put an image on my card and dualbooted it lasted a few weeks then I got stuck in an endless reboot cycle. I am hoping to drop ED on a card soon to check it out, I'm just a bit leary still.

I am trying to view my online broker info, and I have to have java. when i use iceweasle, it never loads and i have to close it. is something wrong? is java installed?

Java is very very very slow, so I suggest you use Epiphany, a lighter-weight browser to speed things up a tiny bit. You might also have to wait two minutes (!) or more (!!) for the applet to load.

Posts: 308 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Turkiye
Which image is that?
I assume you want me to fix the audio?
I'm sorry but I can't guarantee anything.

Follow my / mordark's instructions:
which libasound-module files to be copied
i copied and replaced all of them
then i tried to play an mp3 file with aplay
but all i hear was a annoying buzzer noise or something like that
sorry for my english
anyway i'll try with puredata and lmms

I don't think aplay can decode mp3s (you have to use a .wav file), so the fact you heard a buzzer sound probably means that it is working.

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Travel bag
okey .. I have set up the locales and the necessary fonts and I able to read japanese on the browsers..

Now I want to enable Japanese input too.. I have installed SCIM & Anthy IM through Synaptic package mgr. When I invoke Scim ( through " debbie scim" or "scim" on the debian chroot X terminal) hoping that I would see the IM panel with Anthy as an option, all that I get is a SCIM setup screen.

Why am I not getting the input panel as in Maemo CJK where I can select Anthy and start Japanese input..

Any pointers/help much appreciated to enable Japanese input through Scim Anthy on debian.

Thanks

I can't help here...

Closed Thread

Tags
debian, firefox, gimp, java, openoffice