Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
Somebody gotta do it since Nokia refused to advertise the phone here in the states.

Don't they (amazon,nokiausa,newegg,mobilecityonline,buy, etc) all have the manufacture' warranty?

Last edited by x61; 2009-10-24 at 18:28.

Originally Posted by x61 View Post
Somebody gotta do it since Nokia refused to advertise the phone here in the states.

Don't they (amazon,nokiausa,newegg,mobilecityonline,buy, etc) all have the manufacture' warranty?
Well I'm pretty sure the manufacturer has the manufacturer's warranty.

Newegg itself just has a 30 day replacement policy. If it is anything beyond that you have to deal with Nokia.

just order an extended warranty from Square Trade if you're not satisfied with the mfg warranty.

http://www.squaretrade.com

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Originally Posted by misticjeff View Post
just order an extended warranty from Square Trade if you're not satisfied with the mfg warranty.

http://www.squaretrade.com
Hey,
How much was it and what does it cover? Like broken screens and trips in the Pool?

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Indiana
Originally Posted by archebyte View Post
newegg must be in close partnership on this one. the page is themed on maemo.nokia.com
Agreed. I can't imagine Nokia didn't play a part in this kind of advertising. They publish a release date far enough out to give some breathing room, they linked to or absorbed existing maemo/Nokia web space, Newegg is prime advertising space for a device such as this. The geekiest of the geeks shop there- which one of them wouldn't drool over the N900?

Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
Hey,
How much was it and what does it cover? Like broken screens and trips in the Pool?

I din't think the standard extended warranty covers that, but I remember reading something about being able to add extended damage protection for extra fees when I bought mine.

I bought 3 years for $49.99 on amazon. discounted from $75

Originally Posted by dantonic View Post
I din't think the standard extended warranty covers that, but I remember reading something about being able to add extended damage protection for extra fees when I bought mine.

I bought 3 years for $49.99 on amazon. discounted from $75

Hmmm, I called squaretrade. The warranty is 2 years and runs concurrent with the Manufacturers. So you are getting an additional year plus the damage warranty for $76 and there is a $50 deductable.

Posts: 569 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ District of Columbia
Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
Hmmm, I called squaretrade. The warranty is 2 years and runs concurrent with the Manufacturers. So you are getting an additional year plus the damage warranty for $76 and there is a $50 deductable.
Les, go look at Amazon, it's three years for $49.95 with no deductible. I bought the same warranty for the N900. Nice thing is, when bought off Amazon it can be used without actually having to purchase the N900 through Amazon. Of course if you call SquareTrade directly it's going to be cheaper and they'll quote you a different time frame.

Amazon has it set up so their prices are always cheaper then directly from the manufacturer.

Oh, on another note...how's the guide for remote server going? :P

-Socrates 469 BC

Originally Posted by spinnukur View Post
Les, go look at Amazon, it's three years for $49.95 with no deductible. I bought the same warranty for the N900. Nice thing is, when bought off Amazon it can be used without actually having to purchase the N900 through Amazon. Of course if you call SquareTrade directly it's going to be cheaper and they'll quote you a different time frame.

Amazon has it set up so their prices are always cheaper then directly from the manufacturer.

Oh, on another note...how's the guide for remote server going? :P
Hi Thanx!

Apache and DynDNS will probably be easier once I see this thing in my hand!

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Boone, IA
Originally Posted by daveb70 View Post
The geekiest of the geeks shop there- which one of them wouldn't drool over the N900?
Hey, Who are you calling a Geek ....

Oh wait I forgot where I'm at....never mind

N800 (retired...soon to eBay)
Favorite Apps: CommunitySSU,DiabloTurbo, Flipclock, Keepnote, Dialcentral, Gizmo5 ,MediaBox/pyFMradio, Telescope,Diablo5 theme, Tear, Personal Menu/Launcher, OMWeather,Blubbels, Advanced Power/Backlight...now to play with Garnet6...