Heyup

Which should I flash to UK(203) or Global?

I am currently using PR1.1 Vodafone specific version 205.

They never did release version 1.1.1 for 205 and it appears that there isn't a PR1.2(205).

Any ideas?

Cheers

Posts: 106 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Corfe Castle, Dorset, UK
I also had 1.1 voda firmware on my device when I got it from eXpansys. Running 1.1.1 global now no problems.

The Following User Says Thank You to HughF_UK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 295 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Manchester, UK
Originally Posted by uTMY View Post
Heyup

Which should I flash to UK(203) or Global?

I am currently using PR1.1 Vodafone specific version 205.

They never did release version 1.1.1 for 205 and it appears that there isn't a PR1.2(205).

Any ideas?

Cheers
I'm in same boat as you mate, if i don't get the update before 12midnight then i will flash on Thursday/Friday.

The problem is i'm just a standard user. when i brought this phone i thought things would be made easy (i.e ota updates, installing apps) but things get more complicated!!!

Reading those wiki guides are really long and confusing

Posts: 295 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Manchester, UK
Just want a step-by-step like a proper tom tom

i.e,

1) how do you flash?

is this website a good (trustworthy) guide:
http://www.maemofanatics.com/how-to-...ur-nokia-n900/

Here is the official guide

http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_tablet_firmware

I think I will use the UK (203) one just in case there are any region specific settings to replace 205, I guess I can always try the global if it doesn't work.

rgds

Originally Posted by nathaneous View Post
Just want a step-by-step like a proper tom tom

i.e,

1) how do you flash?

is this website a good (trustworthy) guide:
http://www.maemofanatics.com/how-to-...ur-nokia-n900/

Use the UK one, i just flashed to 203 pr 1.2 and its working flawlessly, and the process was easy .

The Following User Says Thank You to Catacylsm For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Catacylsm View Post
Use the UK one, i just flashed to 203 pr 1.2 and its working flawlessly, and the process was easy .
Heyup

Well I completed the migration from Vodafone 205 PR1.1 to UK 203 PR1.2 and it all seemed to go ok.

Problem I couldn't use opensuse to run the flasher, it holds the USB open with auto detect which blocks flasher from accessing the USB device so used XPSP3 instead.

Restore of backups needed to be done a few times and in reverse order individually (apps, settings, bookmarks etc) to get all back and it failed to restore my OpenVPN tunnels, still they are easy enough to recreate.

Overall, very good it all feels much neater and tidier and loads of niggles are sorted.

Yay

The Following User Says Thank You to uTMY For This Useful Post:
I have also just bitten the bullet and flashed to PR1.2 Uk version straight from PR1.1 vodafone uk 205 version. So far so good, everything seems much faster and ive not noticed any problems just yet. Didnt lose any of my music (i assume thats cos it was in a folder I created and not the default audio folder?), did the restore from the memory card and let the app manager do its thing and everything sorted its self out nicely. All Vodafone Uk users should think about doing this asap I would say, I doubt PR1.2 (or 1.1.1 for that matter) will be coming from them OTA anytime soon...

Followed the instructions from the guide here: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=50333

and as a pretty much bonefide beginner I'm well happy it all went so smoothly.

The Following User Says Thank You to famdango For This Useful Post: