Originally Posted by Enyibinakata View Post
Please does anyone know when the dual sim nokia phone will be released? thanks
There are non-Shanzai phones that support multiple SIM cards?

Originally Posted by x61 View Post
Only if I can find a buyer for mine...
Same here

Otherwise I'll have to wait on iPhone 6/iPhone 4GS
But hey, if Android 2.2+ gets fully ported to N900 I might be quite happy till then

one thing nokia needs to learn from Apple is marketing

tomorrow joe bloggs on the street will talk to his friends and say "oh did you see that now with the new icraphone you can do video calls, that's so cool!"

nobody knows that N900 (and many others) can already do that, over wifi and 3g

there's plenty of people out there who think that apple invented smartphones and then everybody else started copying them...!!!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to orcocan For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by mrojas View Post
I agree with you Gerbick, except on the part of showing the work in progress. Because any glitch is going to mercilessly slammed and ripped by the average ignorant blogger. I would rather wait for them to have a full, end-user ready device to show.
I normally would agree... but after been treated to some of the best, well-scripted demos ever; I'd submit to being able to touch what's new and being slightly directed too if it meant that something new/better options were forthcoming.

Saying it has glitches is usually covered by "it's in beta" in most cases on sites that I trust. Arstechnica is good about that. I won't say the same for Engadget or Gizmodo. Maybe GDGT is as good about that.

Originally Posted by orcocan View Post

there's plenty of people out there who think that apple invented smartphones and then everybody else started copying them...!!!
you forgot to add ''with skype and gtalk''
The n900 can't make 3g video calls

And a lot of people copied the iPhone. don't act like no one did. look at bada

The Following User Says Thank You to nosa101 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London
The iphone was revolutionary and is much imitated to this day. You just had to see what was around then to appreciate it. Anyway, thats a topic for another thread.

Originally Posted by orcocan View Post
one thing nokia needs to learn from Apple is marketing

tomorrow joe bloggs on the street will talk to his friends and say "oh did you see that now with the new icraphone you can do video calls, that's so cool!"

Nokia don't need to learn marketing. They need to learn to Stay on Production Dates and Keep their Promises.

While over in the Apple camp they're drumming up support for their next iteration and following up support for their operating systems, mean while in our Maemo camp we're floundering around looking at our Nokia vendor like a politician with broken promises.

Apple do it best at dates, when they say something will be done, it is.

Anyway, the iPhone 4 looks nice. I was a bit unimpressed by the internals, besides the screen it's not much of a "leap forward". Engadget's shot of it next to the EVO makes the iPhone look a bit boring.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Would you call Bada a copy or a mere evolution of their prior OS's and finally a decent stake in UI/UX? I'm (scarily enough) leaning towards the latter because if anything people have learned is that a good UI can make people overlook your shortcomings.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Would you call Bada a copy or a mere evolution of their prior OS's and finally a decent stake in UI/UX? I'm (scarily enough) leaning towards the latter because if anything people have learned is that a good UI can make people overlook your shortcomings.
i looked at the bada homescreen and that dashboard looked too iphoney for me.

"I'll buy anything shiny and made by apple"

/i was quoting from the onion click wheel btw.. no way you'd get me over there in mac land!

The Following User Says Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

Tags
can you, canitouchuthere, hear me now, iphone 4, itoilet paper, waste of money, waste of time, whining, worstthreadever