Posts: 84 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Marietta, GA, USA--Pombal, Portugal
Guys, the repositories are working for me, the only problem is that most of the apps require python as stated.

The real issue is NOT the traffic or bandwith of maemo! its the fact that half of the python debs like the pygame were improperly packaged when the were put on the server (chinook) and the python 2.5 deb package is actually missing!
i came to this conclusion when i searched the repo using ftp browsing, i was able to install almost all my apps but when i tried to download the python 2.5 deb it just replied that the file was missing... and when i tried to install the python components seperately they were not packaged for compatability with the app manager!

The only solution is hope that nokia/maemo grow up or someone generous hosts the python deb files somewhere else....

I totally agree to host the deb files somewhere else.....BUT not only python should be ALL. Or should Maemo change the way to install software, it should allow off-line install as normal install. Why have to centrally host these installer?? Single Point of Failure!!

I very disappointed to Nokia!!

xPAKxMaster:
Do you means when i see this error message "The service is temporarily unavailable. We are very sorry for the inconvinience it may cause." means the file is missing?

Last edited by sakamoto; 2007-12-28 at 09:39.

Posts: 84 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Marietta, GA, USA--Pombal, Portugal
Originally Posted by sakamoto View Post
xPAKxMaster:
Do you means when i see this error message "The service is temporarily unavailable. We are very sorry for the inconvinience it may cause." means the file is missing?
that may be, but when i did it, it just simply said the file could not be found...
i wouldn't doubt it especially since the message is quite odd

Last edited by xPAKxMaster; 2007-12-28 at 10:27. Reason: oops missed a word, because im still getting familliar with the keyboard lol

yes yes YES!!!!!!! IHAVE FOUND THE SOLUTION!!!!
ps: if it was on a diff post don't tell me! let me enjoy my glory

easy to get python, uknmp, kagu to install in a breeze
1st-do what the uy above said and clear ur device of all the repo ALL OFF Them!

2nd- create a new repo in the app manager
-name it whateva u want
-type this url http://stage.maemo.org/extras
-here's the catch that made it impossible for apps to install, make sure th distribution box is EMPTY that's what made the app manager crash!
-components: free non-free
- that's it!

3rd- i recomend you install python runtime first as in case it fails again you allready will have what you need!

4th- Download and install all u want, it all works for me !!

i spend the last 3 hours experimenting untill it finally worked! i am going to make a thread of this announcement so all the new users have some guidance

The Following User Says Thank You to xPAKxMaster For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Campinas - Brazil
Originally Posted by xPAKxMaster View Post
yes yes YES!!!!!!! IHAVE FOUND THE SOLUTION!!!!
Many, Many Thanks, xPAKxMaster !
Worked perfectly to me, too

Posts: 77 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Chester, CA
holy crap. it works!!! i can't believe i just installed python. thanks verrrrry much. you are the best. may the linux gods bless you for this wonderful fix. now, do we know how this fixed things? why does it crash when you put in a distro ?

Originally Posted by eleseur View Post
holy crap. it works!!! i can't believe i just installed python. thanks verrrrry much. you are the best. may the linux gods bless you for this wonderful fix. now, do we know how this fixed things? why does it crash when you put in a distro ?
to be frank i'm not sure at all but i think it is because some of the python dependencies were located somewhere else besides the chinook distribution and leaving it blank made the app manager search the whol repo for the dependencies...

my one can install UKMP & Mapper already without do any changes......I think they fixed the problem on the server!!