Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by automagic68 View Post
My prediction is that Nokia World 2013 will be awesome!!! Beyond anything we can foresee currently!!! Have faith in Nokia!
Stephen, please lower your daily DMT intake - thank you.

A sincere f-off,
your (once) loyal ex-customers & ex-employees

Last edited by don_falcone; 2012-06-14 at 19:23.

Originally Posted by specc View Post
I cannot believe that the entire Nokia board are *****s, I refuse to, and in that light this doesn't look all that bad.
Do you not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?

Like it never ever happened that good company was ruined by top managers decisions whose idiocy was immediately obvious to anybody outside the inner circle and with more than two brain cells. You don't even need to go for conspiracy theories, you can explain that with things like group think and group stupidity.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Even if I think it maybe true about Meltemi and QT == dead at nokia, but thing is:

I have not seen ANY official info about that rumor? Except some angry Nokia employers on twitter. But can we REALLY be sure?

AFAIK the R&D was not the once fired...

Second we can hate Elop for stupid decisions in February 2011. But it is NOT only him who ****ed up Nokia.

They should had FIRED every damn ****ing person at the marketing department!

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2012-06-14 at 20:06.

Posts: 193 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Sofia, Bulgaria
May be there is some truth about the carnivorous behavior of the big companies .When a lion takes over a new pride the very first thing to do is to kill all the cubs, Elop just did that

Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
How long does he think that the "strategy is evolving" bullcrap is going fly? Two years of that same old routine and same old hollow words. At least come up with new punchline for not saying anything with any real content.
It's another way of saying "well there is no Plan B but it's our Plan A slowly changing into a Plan B".

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Qt is a dead man walking since long back. It's available but very few cares. And why should they?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
This goes to show how toothless the board of directors truly are at Nokia. This could have been prevented 5 years ago. Now... 10k+ people are out of a job on this cut. More last year. More next year... watch.

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
They should had FIRED every damn ****ing person at the marketing department!
10000 isn't enough for you ?

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
This goes to show how toothless the board of directors truly are at Nokia. This could have been prevented 5 years ago. Now... 10k+ people are out of a job on this cut. More last year. More next year... watch.
Yes, but it also shows how bloated Nokia had become. So bloated they made the N97, EDoF, Ovi that even today does not work properly.

People are temporarily without jobs, but the mobile industry is expanding, so things aren't all black, just shifted.

Back in 2007-2009-ish, the problem at Nokia was commonly known to be that of not being able to execute, not being able to get the stuff out and into the market in a timely fashion with the right quality. Maybe no one had the guts to to what was needed because it would involve sacking half of the employees? Just wondering.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Qt is a dead man walking since long back. It's available but very few cares. And why should they?
I Care cause it is used in Linux desktop and n9 and some proffesional applications.

and maybe microsoft also care about Qt in a bad way......

Tags
downward_spiral, fu_flop, memories