would you like to have infrared port in your device

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Nice comment szopin

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 434 | Thanked: 990 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Australia
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
blah blah blah... try harder flooders!
I would like to think it's sarcasm?

After all, and as you said, Hardcore NIT fans complained about the the N900 not being a real NIT, and then the N9 not being a real NIT (like the N900!).....

Despite the move from Maemo to Maemo-Harmattan, and some grumbles, everyone here was pretty accepting of the change and where it was intended to go, with the end result being MeeGo.

Mer is essentially progression from Meego, but with a focus on being open in ways that Maemo and Meego never was, both in development and governance.

I find it hard to believe that people on this forum b*tching about Jolla posts either have no clue or simply no memory about the contribution made to Maemo and MeeGo by the very devs and people that are now working on Mer and SailfishOS.

This IS the logical progression and evolution of the Maemo OS as it was heading at Nokia before the burning platform announcement, but open to community involvement.

Enjoy your N900. It WILL die, and parts WILL run out, and then what will you do? Lament the fact there's no alternative? Wish that someone would release a handset to tinker on that isn't Android?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to onethreealpha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
I'm looking for a tizen sub-forum.
Well why not, Samsung seems to be pushing it pretty hard at the moment.
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
After all, tizen is a cousin to meego. Why no tizen sub?
Well, only Tizen IVI has something in common with MeeGo.

The Following User Says Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by MartinK View Post
Well why not, Samsung seems to be pushing it pretty hard at the moment.

Well, only Tizen IVI has something in common with MeeGo.
Exactly!

That's why I think Sailfish, Tizen and ubuntu is Super Cool and deserves their own Subs. I think Intel pushing lVl tizen...

With or without infra red.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 664 | Thanked: 1,648 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hamburg
Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
you are hyper crazy
can you mention please why jola subforums are then ??
They are for discussion, or actually, rather flooding speculation... But not for petitions, esp. not in the name of this community.
I just think it's a bad idea to try to force Jolla at this stage. Edit the title to "poll: would you like to have infrared port in your device" and nobody will take offense.
Current Maemo Community Council member

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Win7Mac For This Useful Post:
Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
How about chemist You tone down and wait for final Jolla announcement, let us hotheads have hot threads, discussions, imaginations run wild.
Starting a petition is somewhat overheating. You 'hotheads' need to keep in mind that Jolla did not accept us as 'official' community, yet. I have no problem with people going wild and crazy about the new phone but seriously, a petition? Drive wild, drive crazy, start 3D rendering of other halfs with anything you like, I will happily put it on facebook and in the news to spread the ideas.
We already have a thread brainstorming 'other half'S. Petitions to a company on the other hand are a bit off-topic... on the one hand pointless. Pre-orders might get involved in some unique process for the 'ltd other half' but do not expect to much from it.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to chemist For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
GUYS! This is talk.MAEMO.org, stop posting your stupid **** about meego, go find your own talk.MEEGO.org forum pls... But yeah, option for people who don't find Sailfish/Jolla the continuation to not have to see posts from Sailfish/Other half etc subforums in the newposts page would be nice, less complainers at least
[Offtopic]
Get FACTS! Maemo is dead its time to move on to forked maemo and that is http://merproject.org, with its family:

* http://www.sailfishos.org
* http://plasma-active.org/
* https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Nemo

and so on, is the future so dont be a childish reactionary maemo fanatic its just ridicilous and non constructive for the community!

[/Offtopic]

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2013-06-01 at 12:07.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 528 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ MLB.AU
Never happen!
Jolla=cheap HW at a nokia price!

Edit.
Mike, Does Mer have HW support like phone/sms etc?
I doubt it.. Until it does maemo is alive!

Last edited by bingomion; 2013-06-01 at 14:50.

The Following User Says Thank You to bingomion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 148 | Thanked: 216 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Yerevan
I used infrared to control TV. As I have no TV I used it occasionally, twice.

However, every day I use FM transmitter. I need FM transmitter a lot. Device without FM transmitter is just useless for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to norayr For This Useful Post:
Cant believe there's people getting touchy about Jolla posts. There's usually more people viewing Meego posts than Maemo. It doesn't take a genius to work out that the Maemo community will be entirely dead one day.

As for infra-red..... I couldn't care less. One of the last features i'd be looking for in a smartphone.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dirtymoon For This Useful Post:

Tags
+fm transceiver, +ir transceiver, child, dummy, ohnoesnotagain