Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Lucazz990 View Post
Hi, is it correct to simply put the new preinits.tar to MyDocs and do tar -xvf preinits.tar -C / as in the wiki or? Thanks
Yes, that is the correct command to do it.
There are 3 preinit fules which will be extraced correctly with that.

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 324 | Thanked: 739 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
See the section "Configuration and personification" in the README document.

What you need is animation toolkit source, the latest is animatronics_01112013.tar in the /source/ directory of ubiboot repository.
You need a Linux computer, where you extract that tarball.
  • The info text is in file "imagebase/ownerpanel.png", so you need to create a 400x400 sized panel of your choosing, with Gimp or whatever you prefer and replace that image with your custom panel.
  • Then, run the script ./create_animations.sh which will build the animation sequences and support files for you. The result is a tarball called "animatronics.tar" in the same directory.
  • Next, run the script ./pack_cpio.sh --create animatronics.tar which will create an archive called "ubiboot-02.menus.cpio" in the same directory.
  • Copy the CPIO into your ubiboot config directory on the device, and check that the name you give it matches the configuration key G_UBIBOOT_ARCHIVE in your ubiboot.conf.

Now your new info panel will show up in the menu
The scripts are missing in animatronics_01112013.tar, but I got then in an earlier version, thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to traysh For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by traysh View Post
The scripts are missing in animatronics_01112013.tar, but I got then in an earlier version, thanks!
? Really ?
I'll have to check that, since the scripts have changed a bit since the last tarfile and you need the latest version because there is a version check... The files are not compatible

I am on the road but I'll do it later.

Meanwhile, you can pull the latest version directly off the SVN server.

Originally Posted by traysh View Post
Can you please recheck what you have, I just downloaded the animatronics_01112013.tar file myself, and all the needed scripts are in the archive.

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Beijing
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Yes, that is the correct command to do it.
There are 3 preinit fules which will be extraced correctly with that.
If I have wrote some random data to /dev/mtd0 by mistake, will it influence the N9 reboot?

Originally Posted by gemfield View Post
If I have wrote some random data to /dev/mtd0 by mistake, will it influence the N9 reboot?
/dev/mtd0 is the bootloader, so messing with it is generally what you do not want to do, ever.
If you manage to write s**t there your device will not be able to boot, not now and never again.
And they will not be able to fix that in Nokia Care, or in any service shop since it requires equipment present only at the factory and that was closed down a long time ago.

But the question is whether you were able to damage it?

If you are in Open Mode, it depends on how you did the writing. There are some hazardous procedures, but bootloader is locked down against simple intrusion.

If you are in Closed Mode and managed to tamper with it... well, then the odds are pretty badly against you.

Please help. I can't boot into harmattan with ubiboot. It just gets stuck with a black screen. I waited a while and nothing happen.
Nitdroid only boots with zlmage.pr13. e-yes l2fix doesn't work. Also in nitdroid usb debugging doesn't work nor charging even after plugging it before boot.

Posts: 183 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Brisbane, Australia
Originally Posted by Udemzy View Post
Please help. I can't boot into harmattan with ubiboot. It just gets stuck with a black screen. I waited a while and nothing happen.
Nitdroid only boots with zlmage.pr13. e-yes l2fix doesn't work. Also in nitdroid usb debugging doesn't work nor charging even after plugging it before boot.
you're not alone, I've had the same issue with ubiboot too. tried a few different harmattan based kernels, all with the same issue. Black screen, but I haven't got around to getting debug logs yet, havent had the time. HW revision 1501

In the meantime, reflash the standard open kernel if you need to get back into harmattan.

sudo flasher -a <yourmainfirmware.bin> -k zImage_2.6.32.54-openmode_l2fix --flash-only=kernel -f -R

Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
The preinit.tar is wrong before, that make me same problem, juiceme reuploaded again see whether u use it can fix or not

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TMavica For This Useful Post:
Posts: 183 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Brisbane, Australia
Originally Posted by TMavica View Post
The preinit.tar is wrong before, that make me same problem, juiceme reuploaded again see whether u use it can fix or not
perfect, saw the discussion about the file, but missed the first post about the issue. thanks.