Originally Posted by ZackMorris View Post
I Purchased a screen from them, and it is Oem But they aren't based in the USA, that Chinese prick that runs that account is a liar. INeeded my screen quickly as I had a trip that I Was going on and I asked if he was based in the USA and he said sure. This ***** charges a premium but sends stuff from China to a Forwarding address in Florida and it takes forever to get your stuff. I'd take my business elsewhere.
hey dude, just a single question: how do u know it is really oem? I mean, have the same quality...

The Following User Says Thank You to tconrado For This Useful Post:
So, I dropped my N9 and result was a cracked black screen. A couple of questions:

1. As the screen does not work any more, I am not able to enter my lock code, which seems to mean that I am not able to mount the device to a computer, and I'd like to get some photos out of the N9. Any ideas how?
2. Other broken screens in this thread seem to work somehow even if broken. Does this mean that in my phone there is also something else broken? (Does not sound like a good plan to pay 180 eur for a new screen only to find that there is something else broken...)
3. If someone has extra screens or willingness to buy the remainings of my phone, I am open to suggestions (location: Finland)

The Following User Says Thank You to Gybe For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by Gybe View Post
So, I dropped my N9 and result was a cracked black screen. A couple of questions:

1. As the screen does not work any more, I am not able to enter my lock code, which seems to mean that I am not able to mount the device to a computer, and I'd like to get some photos out of the N9. Any ideas how?
2. Other broken screens in this thread seem to work somehow even if broken. Does this mean that in my phone there is also something else broken? (Does not sound like a good plan to pay 180 eur for a new screen only to find that there is something else broken...)
3. If someone has extra screens or willingness to buy the remainings of my phone, I am open to suggestions (location: Finland)

Do you mean that after you tried to mount it as described here it wouldn't get mounted?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Thanks, I need to try those once I have a bit more time.

The Following User Says Thank You to Gybe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 355 | Thanked: 245 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Northern VA
Originally Posted by tconrado View Post
hey dude, just a single question: how do u know it is really oem? I mean, have the same quality...
Every marking was identical to the screen I replaced and the quality was the same.

The Following User Says Thank You to ZackMorris For This Useful Post:
Posts: 359 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Budapest
Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
The screens seem quite expensive. Better take your N9 apart, sell the parts (the USB cover, the shell, the soft cover, the battery and so on) on ebay or in here in the buy/sell forum, add some 50 bucks or more to the total revenue and buy a new phone. You can surely get more money for parts this way plus help a few people in here with spare parts too.

I paid almost 450 euro for my N9. if I was to buy and replace a screen for another 150 EUR (33% of the original price) this is what I'd do.

How much is your time worth? Seems like it would have to be not much to make all this work and bother of selling parts individually worthwhile.

The Following User Says Thank You to noetus For This Useful Post:
Where is the best place to buy a new touchscreen+LCD in the UK ATM?

Any reputable dealers?

The Following User Says Thank You to MINKIN2 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by myk View Post
So nobody has managed to replace just the glass? ($20 on ebay, rather than the whole AMOLED & touchscreen assembly)

But I see now display assemblies for as little as $120 on ebay. Can anyone vouch for the quality of the displays from HK? I worry they are cheap LCDs, not original Amoled. Or worse, made for one of the Chinese N9 look-alikes, and completely incompatible with the real N9. The people doing the listings on ebay would not know.

This one is definitely fake: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/160831321501
See the 3 buttons on the bottom of the screen? [shudder]

I bought one and it arrived today. Looks like an original one and wirks perfect.

B U T ( !!!!!!) on the backside of the display the original metal frame and the clips are missing. No chance to fix it on the phone. I dont see a way to get the parts from my broken original display. Seems that they are fixed with glue.
ow how to handle that. Its so nice to have a uncracked screen in the phone...

The Following User Says Thank You to skysmo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 293 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Fremantle, W. Australia
Originally Posted by skysmo View Post
I dont see a way to get the parts from my broken original display. Seems that they are fixed with glue....
See droosie's posts above. He used hot air and a scalple-type knife to remove the frame from the old screen.

The Following User Says Thank You to myk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 90 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ India, Canada
Hi, I dropped my N9 and the screen cracked. It was just the gorilla glass i think and the digitizer works completely fine. I can use the phone, see everything and do everything. just the screen is cracked. is it possible to repair just the cracked glass?

I had seen an advertisement for those car glass repair kits.
http://www.amazon.com/Windsheild-Pro.../dp/B0015D46CE

would this be possible to fix my problem?

Thank you for your time. -Noni

The Following User Says Thank You to nonikhanna For This Useful Post: