Posts: 355 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Redstone Canyon, Colorado
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
And there we go: Twitter sharing plugin for the N900
Has a single thing been opened via it's placement in the licensing change requests queue? If so, what?

Was the twitter app on the licensing charge requests queue? I didn't see it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jebba For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jebba View Post
Was the twitter app on the licensing charge requests queue? I didn't see it.
No (well, it couldn't be since it didn't exist), but the sharing framework is.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 355 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Redstone Canyon, Colorado
Originally Posted by lma View Post
No (well, it couldn't be since it didn't exist), but the sharing framework is.
But not yet opened, AFAICT.

The Following User Says Thank You to jebba For This Useful Post:
Sorry, I didn't mean to imply it was. On the plus side, at least it can now be used without jumping through hoops and resorting to hacks like this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,637 | Thanked: 4,424 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Germany
Can someone shed some light on the efford, necessary for opening
UI related components?
For example, if nokia wants to open the media player or the calendar or the
call-ui. What are the steps involved?

regards
Nicolai

Last edited by nicolai; 2010-12-23 at 10:33.

The Following User Says Thank You to nicolai For This Useful Post:
So, in sum, Nokia created a ruse of the "open source licensing queue". People spent good hours wasting their time jumping through nokia hoops (not just in this), and in the end:

* NOKIA OPENED NOTHING IN THE QUEUE *

Not a *single* thing.

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Nah, I think I could've sworn I've read of one or two things that DID get relicensed... Small, background things, that we as end users don't really see.

That said, they relicensed far far less things than they should have, but that's inherently likely in an overly bureaucratic system. I respect them for the initial effort, am definitely extremely unhappy with the shitty follow-through.

Nokia seems to have this power to provide good phones while simultaneously poisoning the loyalty of niche users like ourselves. Which is fine in the short run because they still have other user demographics, but does undermine their wellbeing long-term. Eh, I'm rambling now.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
Nah, I think I could've sworn I've read of one or two things that DID get relicensed... Small, background things, that we as end users don't really see.
Well, I'm not a typical end user and I've been watching this (fail) all along and haven't seen a single thing opened via this process. If you have anything solid you can point to, I'd love to see it.

I think it's closing in on 3 years now since the flasher was going to be opened.

Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
That said, they relicensed far far less things than they should have, but that's inherently likely in an overly bureaucratic system. I respect them for the initial effort, am definitely extremely unhappy with the shitty follow-through.
Ya, that's the sad part, it seems their higher-level view of having an open OS is good, but their execution is seriously lacking.

Originally Posted by jebba View Post

Ya, that's the sad part, it seems their higher-level view of having an open OS is good, but their execution is seriously lacking.
reason for a personnel changes?

Originally Posted by somedude View Post
reason for a personnel changes?
Too late and wrong personnel.

NOK8.5