Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
They already told that they are NOT going to make phones with Windows Phone OS in it.

Google translate of Tweakers.net

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
The thread "Nokia will develop windows phones???" with ten posts has been merged into this thread.

The Following User Says Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
Absolutely ludicrous. Not buying WinMo on Nokia device for a second.

Although if they'd want to replace Symbian with WinMo I would aplaud the decision.

This is overreading between the lines. These are the "Apps and Services" Nokia work with.

Windows:
Nokia has the Nokia Booklet 3G. And they have software support for Nokia software, on Windows.

Maemo:
The next operating system to follow Maemo 5, is being built on a MeeGo milestone version. You can even say it's in part being built on Moblin. And Maemo 5. It is said that this OS, which is a MeeGo OS, is going to be called Maemo 6. Or maybe it was a inversed negative statement, that they said they have NOT said that it's NOT called Maemo 6. That's just branding. Maemo 6 is [a] MeeGo OS.

Not saying Nokia isn't building a WinMo phone. But there's really nothing in that presentation that even remotely suggests that it's so. The "Windows" box should be there, either way.

I hope that we'll see the whole extent of how brilliant Qt as a dev. platform can be.

Interoperable apps and framework for symbian, Meego and Windows. I.e. lightweight sms/comms apps for Booklets. The services can actually be integrated on all device platforms. Everything available from the Ovi store.

IMHO, WiMo is not going to be reality...

I see that Volt's keyboard was better lubricated...

Last edited by Marc-Adrien Verre; 2010-06-04 at 15:02. Reason: Being too slow...

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
that slide is very Old b/c it still talks about Maemo and we know Nokia talk MeeGo now after renaming everything MeeGo.
i'm willing to bet that slide was from nokia world 09 and was about N900 and booklet 3G which was newly announced

You must oil your micro-scissors regularly, to keep up with mey!

(...or you can do as others here, and simply ignore what others write. )

Tags
nokia, speculation, unfounded ideas, windows, windows mobile