Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Belgium
GTA I would be nice

well, actually i personally wouldt like to play guildwars on my n900

The Following User Says Thank You to papasieg For This Useful Post:
Posts: 65 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Eugene, Or

I`d love to be able to play Fallout 1 & 2 on N900

I tried to run Fallout 1 through DosBox 0.73...

Every time I start the game, it goes to the Please Stand By screen and then stops

Edit: I finally managed to play Fallout 1 through DosBox 0.73

Copying the all the installation CD files into N900 and installing the game from within N900 through DosBox fixed the startup issues i had.

However, the game runs incredibly slow... from starting the DosBox > Please Stand By > Interplay movie > Game settings > Character creation > to actually playing the game, it takes around 15 minutes(skipping all the movies in the proccess).

Hoping that future releases of DosBox will improve the game speed.

Last edited by Migen; 2009-12-24 at 18:13.

The Following User Says Thank You to Migen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
i'd like to see other tux games or chromium b.s.u, theres already a arm version of it from what i gather by reading various sites so thats a good start.

i'm so addicted to super tux its unreal, I did all bonus levels apart from 2 levels on bonus levels 2, the levels what auto scroll are too hard with no d-pad

Posts: 237 | Thanked: 157 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ San Diego, CA
Originally Posted by Migen View Post
I`d love to be able to play Fallout 1 & 2 on N900

I tried to run Fallout 1 through DosBox 0.73...

Every time I start the game, it goes to the Please Stand By screen and then stops

Edit: I finally managed to play Fallout 1 through DosBox 0.73

Copying the all the installation CD files into N900 and installing the game from within N900 through DosBox fixed the startup issues i had.

However, the game runs incredibly slow... from starting the DosBox > Please Stand By > Interplay movie > Game settings > Character creation > to actually playing the game, it takes around 15 minutes(skipping all the movies in the proccess).

Hoping that future releases of DosBox will improve the game speed.
Once in game is it fast enough to actually be playable?

Just curious if I should bother trying this myself.

Originally Posted by DeboX View Post
What about the Never Winter nights games, would they even work if ported?
If anyone at bioware is listening I would gladly re-pay for ports of any of their past releases or future to n900.

Espescially NWN and Baldur's Gate 2.

NWN was ported to linux, but would likely require extensive modification to get running on n900, recompile to arm, and switch to OpenGL ES 2

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 78 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Netherlands
What do you think of Kingpin: Life of Crime

There is even a linux version of the game!

Can sombody make it work? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingpin_(computer_game)

Minimum system specs are

233MHz CPU
64MB RAM
OpenGL-based video card
Sound card

ps. I am an linux newbie so i need time to work this out on my own.

Last edited by CarstenDutch; 2009-12-24 at 19:55.

Realistically, I think Neverball and Neverputt would be awesome to get onto the N900. I'd love to help port it over, but sadly I am not too skilled with coding and such. However, its open-source nature would prove to make porting much easier than most other games listed here.

Neverwinter Nights or any other RPG along those lines would be fantastic, but I don't know if we'll ever see that happen :/

Bounce is proof that the N900 is capable of some pretty amazing graphics in a mobile game. Let's try to take full advantage of it.

Originally Posted by gamof View Post
Neverwinter Nights or any other RPG along those lines would be fantastic, but I don't know if we'll ever see that happen :/
I'm surprised publishers still haven't realized that new portable platforms are a great way to monetize much of their old content. Many old games could see new life on smaller more limited platforms

It's a format shift, granted requires more work than format shifts for other media.

But format shifts can be *VERY* profitable, just ask the record industry.

Tags
desktop, fremantle, game, linux, mac os x, maemo, maemo 5, port, request, speculation, windows, wow for n900