Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
The only problem is that the speaker quality is quite bad now, so they offered me to send it back in once I move and I'm able to do it.
How do you benchmark it to determine "bad speaker quality"
I would like to know if my suffering can be made lighter with some speaker repair / boost.

Currently I feel my speaker is not able to get its sound out of the case. The whole case vibrates but the sound stays internally. And it is easy to deform. Only high tones are heard.

(compared to a N900 that somehow manages to draw a perception of full sound)

Is this already signs of end of Jolla as hardware manufacturer? (would match their split and total unresponsiveness and silence o 'we-changed-structure-and-people-but-continue-better' PR noise.

Sorry for sounding negative.
But hopefully we may have another future (not the Indian one).

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 35 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Norway, Oslo
My glass broke late july and i haven't got any answer beside standard With 2 options on what i wan't to do. Have asked them 4 times now, and still no answer.

Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by LordSnick View Post
My glass broke late july and i haven't got any answer beside standard With 2 options on what i wan't to do. Have asked them 4 times now, and still no answer.
Maybe bypassing Jolla Care and directly ask at mobylife.fi is an option?

Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Maybe bypassing Jolla Care and directly ask at mobylife.fi is an option?
I would say no!
1. Jolla is responsible
2. If they cant fix, a new device, or refund (if it is warranty covered = factory fault)

In either case, warranty or paid repair, they should be able to help, in reasonable (thats the consumer rights)

I smell a joint lawsuit coming up.

PS! I wont need their service. I use the devices as long as they work and then to the trash. But, it will influence further purchases from Jolla for sure.

The warranty, repair and not least no battery situation is just plain uacceptable, and I doubt even legal doing business this way.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
I wonder if the failure rate of the Jolla phone has been higher(*) than what they expected, and so they ran out of the stock they did likely reserve for the service.

(*) or put in another way, they have been too optimistic that few people would have requested service.

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Just to update on my situation and not to put Jolla in such a bad light, I finally sent them another e-mail, asking there for a reply and they responded immediately, apologizing for not responding earlier to the previous e-mail.

They were also really helpful with my request (not flashing 1.1.9.x, but 1.1.7.x).

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, screen, warranty