Active Topics

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by talmage View Post
Using the hint previously posted in this thread, I was able to make my new Zagg Sparq charge my N900. It took a few tries. I think the trick is to plug the cable into the battery first, then to slowly insert the micro USB end into the N900.
I too was able to charge my N900, using an APC charger. The cable has to be plugged into the charger first, as suggested, but the trick for me is to plug it slowly, wiggling it up and down, instead of left and right. When the connector is midway through, pause for a while and wait for the charging message to appear.

What do you think about that monster? http://global.ebay.com/Portable_12V_...147313153/item How many times you think, it can charge n900?

I use a DC-11 without any issues. The only shortcoming is the thing itself needs a 2mm power supply to charge.

I got a retractable usb->2mm cable so I can charge it (leisurely) from a usb source. I can always plug it into mains if I am in a hurry.

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on May 2008 @ France
Happy Energizer/XPal XP8000 user here. (8000mAh, not much bigger than N900, also can charge my laptop and my netbook)
It requires a custom cable to charge, like most non-nokia chargers.
I have the Brando USB adapter with charge/data switch, which works great for that !

Originally Posted by BLIZZARD View Post
What do you think about that monster? http://global.ebay.com/Portable_12V_...147313153/item How many times you think, it can charge n900?
That won't charge your N900. It's a 12V battery, not a 5V power pack.

Last edited by choubbi; 2010-06-01 at 08:38.

Originally Posted by choubbi View Post
Happy Energizer/XPal XP8000 user here. (8000mAh, not much bigger than N900, also can charge my laptop and my netbook)
I have the Brando USB adapter with charge/data switch, which works great for that !

It will charge it , if you search the forums you will find (there is a thread talking about 12v batteries and n900). You use car charger adapter and then a few changes and you are done.

I use the Proporta TurboCharger 3400 and works fine :-D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqCmP7k39Dg

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Moscow
Originally Posted by badboyuk View Post
I use the Proporta TurboCharger 3400 and works fine :-D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqCmP7k39Dg
I'm using the same device branded as AcmePower UC-1. Haven't yet found a suitable microusb charging cable/adapter for N900, but good to know it will work.

Originally Posted by little_beat View Post
I'm using the same device branded as AcmePower UC-1. Haven't yet found a suitable microusb charging cable/adapter for N900, but good to know it will work.
How many mah is this?

Originally Posted by choubbi View Post

It will charge it.

Ac Ryan Mobilit MT80328 , Amstron MedXP 66 , Wtop WT - L6600C seem to be the same rebranded 66WHr battery. Used as universal laptop battery charger , charged from any laptop battery and usb charging. They work with Nokia N900 with the ca-100 ca-146c adapters...