Active Topics

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
That is interesting. I have tried every mobile browser under the sun including on my kids' Android tablets and ended up returning to Sailfish Browser with the tail between my legs every single time. It is tbe onky browser that just about works.
Have you tried Dolphin and Safari. Pretty great. Too bad you have to walk around with an extra phone when using sailfish.

It simply not up to my standards an if you are happy. Go, but it won’t work as well for the things I do. So I guess I will and up with a iSheep X. I guess companies prioritize safari when building stuff and no one cares for Sail when testing.

I might get over it some day but for now Im totally disappointed of the usability of the browsers.

Anyhow. Xperia X out as main phone.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2017-10-22 at 16:04.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by KylliOrvokki View Post
Yes. There is official instruction which is really good one.
https://jolla.com/sailfishxinstall/

So instructions I used:

1. backup DRM keys (OPTIONAL)
http://sailfishmods.de/2017/07/howto...ys-bootloader/ (I used this guide translate google com ..)
https://forum.xda-developers.com/xpe...ria-x-t3590476

2. Install SailfishX
https://jolla.com/sailfishxinstall/
(if mac or linux use together with this. http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...78&postcount=1 )

Voila.
Many thanks.

About the Jolla guide reading the first phrase I conclude it is not complete enough.

"1. Sony Xperia X Single SIM (F5121), verified to have an unlockable bootloader."

Ok, then why not devote a few keystrokes on explaining how to verify if a bootloader on a given F5121 is actually unlockable?

Suppose I go out and see a yellow and a black F5122 in front of me. Both, 99% new, still warranty, Sir...

How to avoid picking the one with the ununlockable bootloader?

I suppose a seller won't always know or won't always be honnest about it.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
been there done that. were out shopping and was looking for some things. menu doesent open in wecat. filter doesn't apply to search.

its like using a browser from 2005.
With lots of sympathy for the people who put alternative browsers out for Sailfish, but being a browser user much more than app user, I think that the only way to run on an up to date browser on Sailfish enjoying all privacy options, blockers and spoils such as save pages as PDF or Dark Background on light text add-on to save your eyesight is by allowing Alien Dalvik and run Firefox for Android.

Firefox was ported to the N900 in a few weeks and ran horrible but I can't say that I get more exited by the prospect of using the Jolla browser.
If the RAM available in Sailfish X' Alien Dalvik gets proportionally enlarged compared to Jolla 1 than Sailfish X should reserve 1/2 of 3GB =1,5 GB to Dalvik?

Edit: adding link https://together.jolla.com/question/...rrent-browser/

The Following User Says Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
Suppose I go out and see a yellow and a black F5122 in front of me. Both, 99% new, still warranty, Sir...

How to avoid picking the one with the ununlockable bootloader?
Open the phone app and dial *#*#7378423#*#* then go to Service Info -> Configuration

'Bootloader unlock allowed - yes' means you can unlock it. No means you can't, so don't buy

'Bootloader unlocked - yes' means someone's already had some fun with the phone so you can buy it, but best to wipe everything so you know what's on there unless you know and trust the seller

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to suicidal_orange For This Useful Post:
A bit more testing with F5122m Dual SIM + µSD:

Pinout and 4 test cases
1 case: All pins except 4 (V+) and 6 (GND) taped:
-Both SIMs detected
2 case: All pins except 2 ( Card Detect), 4 (V+), 5 (CLK) and 6 (GND) taped:
-Both SIMs detected
3 case: All pins except 2 ( Card Detect), 3 (Command response), 4 (V+), 5 (CLK) and 6 (GND) taped:
-Both SIMS detected
4 case: All pins except 2 ( Card Detect), 3 (Command response), 4 (V+), 5 (CLK), 6 (GND) and 7 (DAT0) taped:
-Only 1st SIM detected and SDcard, too (of course with error message)

So, looks for me that it is not hardware thing (I am not an expert in electronics, just an engineer) as the card is detected and 2nd SIM disabled when there is some data connection (DAT0 in this test) to the SDcard.
Is there some part from original Xperia X software, taking care of this, I really don't know.

Maybe someone with more expertise can go further...
Attached Images

Last edited by Heik; 2017-10-22 at 17:13.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Heik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 93 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on Jul 2016 @ Paraguay
Well, I have to return to Android
I was very happy with Sailfish OS, but I began to have problems with memory space, and begins to go very slow... I didn't receive messages from Whatsapp...
So well... I will return back after more improvement with this OS, anyway, I contributed to support Jolla. Hope they will make more stable soon

Enviado desde mi F5121 mediante Tapatalk

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to meloferz For This Useful Post:
Hi,

I have installed Sailfish X 2.1.3.5 official on my F5121 xperia x 32 GB.

I have only 17,9 GB why?

How to fix it?

Thanks
Attached Images

Last edited by n950; 2017-10-23 at 10:23.

The Following User Says Thank You to n950 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Well unfortunately you have to live with that.

Jolla stayed with the partitioning of the Internal memory, which was made for Android. Unfortunately this doesn't fit to Sailfish. So that's all we get at the moment.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by n950 View Post
I have installed Sailfish X on my F5121 xperia x 32 GB.
I have only 17,9 GB why?
That's the way it is partitioned

Originally Posted by n950 View Post
How to fix it?
You don't.

What you can do, is you can change the ratio between your root and home partitions to your liking but the process is somewhat complicated and it is quite likely that you will botch it unless you know what you are doing.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Heik View Post
I am not good in Linux, but with
Code:
chattr -i /opt/alien/data/app/com.android.vending-1.apk
you again allow changes in com.android.vending-1.apk,
and you are able to remove or phone is able to update it.

Those who know better, can correct me. :-)
Thanks again! Will try this later this evening.
Just to be sure, do I need to run
touch /opt/alien/data/app/com.android.vending-1.apk
before chattr?

The Following User Says Thank You to asa For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by asa View Post
Thanks again! Will try this later this evening.
Just to be sure, do I need to run
touch /opt/alien/data/app/com.android.vending-1.apk
before chattr?
Originally you created the file com.android.vending-1.apk using that touch command. So I guess you will get error message, if you run that command again, since it is locked by chattr +i command.

So, no need to rerun that.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heik For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x