Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
It appears Clear will limit Mobile Wimax service to 384kbps upstream. And $50/mo for uncapped service
Attached Images

Apparently, if you want to share a single WiMax subscription among two devices (say a tablet and a computer at home), then it will cost $70/month.

Posts: 170 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Annapolis, MD, USA
Pigs. This is totally turning me off to WiMax.

ANY SPRINT-NOKIA INSIDERS.. we need some more info 'cause iT MAY JUST BE BETTER TO get one of the actual plans now...with the cheap prices//and =just wait until WIMAX is release on our area. I live in D.C. and my area may just have Wimax starting Feb...

Posts: 751 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ East Gowanus
Ridiculous how the mobile is more expensive than the 'fixed'. There should be one fixed price for however many devices are connected with maybe a bandwidth cap on use. That would get me to bite.

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
LOL, they clearly aren't trying to compete with HS*PA. Looks like a DOCSIS competing with ADSL(2). Deja vu...

Originally Posted by mobiledivide View Post
Ridiculous how the mobile is more expensive than the 'fixed'. There should be one fixed price for however many devices are connected with maybe a bandwidth cap on use. That would get me to bite.
I agree. I suppose we should be happy that they didn't go further and adjust rates based on the type of device used like the ED-VO providers do with their tethering fees.

It's just a weak attempt to milk (and in some ways rob) bleeding edge users such that they help the network pay for putting on all that "expensive equipment". Once some serious competition steps into the arena, as is true after the early adopters have been pretty thoroughly robbed blind, then and only then do prices come down. But if you're an early adopter, always expect yourself to get robbed for a few years to help the big corps pay off debts in anticipation of price reductions due to competition at later times.