Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Originally Posted by lendurhenry View Post
I sense some criticism against me. I read it three times just to be sure it really didn’t say anything beside emotional opinions. Do I have to explain myself?
You do? I apologize, sometimes there's a language barrier in my posts.

I never meant this to be a stab at anyone. Sorry.

As for your points above, I agree with some, or rather you agreed with me. For example, holding a button and swiping is not multitouch per se. It could be used as such, which was my point. We could and should use gestures, button holding and whatnot instead of grabbing onto emulation and not letting go. I'm all for gestures.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Posts: 1,635 | Thanked: 1,816 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Manchester, England
Originally Posted by soeiro View Post
I wasn't talking about a particular strategy of implementation or fitness of the examples to that strategy. I was simply pointing out that there are valid use cases for multi-touch, even though some people might prefer to say that there aren't just because multi-touch is not available on their devices.

Now, if there is no way to emulate a general enough "true multi-touch" screen on a resistive screen, so that is not an option, isn't it?

What about having a "multi-touch playground", where the current ideas are tried in some kind of drawing board?
the liqbase playground exists
its been mentioned multiple times.

buried deep inside every mouse event is the multi touch code I built into original liqbase demo.
there is an additional set of coordinates additional to the normal mouse coordinates returned which indicates the position and validity of a second finger point

http://github.com/lcuk/libliqbase/bl...easyrun.h#L108

someone could have a dig around one one of the released apps to see if they could play.
its already been mentioned about liqflow, this is ideal since it uses the mouse event handler and you could do things with the second finger

Posts: 279 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Belgrade, Serbia
Originally Posted by lcuk View Post
the liqbase playground exists
its been mentioned multiple times.

buried deep inside every mouse event is the multi touch code I built into original liqbase demo.
there is an additional set of coordinates additional to the normal mouse coordinates returned which indicates the position and validity of a second finger point

http://github.com/lcuk/libliqbase/bl...easyrun.h#L108

someone could have a dig around one one of the released apps to see if they could play.
its already been mentioned about liqflow, this is ideal since it uses the mouse event handler and you could do things with the second finger
Man what did you write there? It's completely useless. That program doesn't even work. You just imported the integers. Nothing else.