Posts: 206 | Thanked: 205 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ London
Just received my white N9 and noticed just like the N900 there is no equalizer for the stock music player. Even with the Dolby surround option on, I feel there's not enough base for my liking although the sound quality itself is great. So I would love an equalizer even a basic one with presets just so I can boost the base a little.

Can I download one from somewhere? Did a search with no luck and don't really want to use Sigma or an alternative player.

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Switzerland
Sigma is really good in terms of audio quality. What made me stop using it for the moment is that I cannot turn of "shake to skip". Carrying the N9 in my trousers pocket just randomly jumps through my MP3 collection which is most annoying.

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Switzerland
On a side note: A good headphone does help much more in enjoying music on the N9 than an equalizer. I've tried an ultra cheap crappy Sony headphone and could not get any good quality out of it with Sigma.

Now I'm using a Sennheiser PX-100 II which I find brillant for it's price. (Around 80 Swiss Francs)

Posts: 206 | Thanked: 205 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ London
So I take it there is no downloadable equalizer settings for the stock player?

I like the way the stock player looks and feels so thats my reason to avoid alternatives and my headphones are pretty good, they have alot of base on my Galaxy S2, just not enough ony the N9 even with surround sound on, so I thought a little boost will do the trick.

Also I might consider new headphones, was reading about the Nokia Essence and Nokia BH-111, couldn't find the essence on any retailers website, do you know of a link?

The Following User Says Thank You to Prozac786 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 39 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ukraine, Kiev
i'm using Sennheiser HD380 Pro, and I love the sound of n9, without equalizer)

Originally Posted by Venty View Post
Sigma is really good in terms of audio quality. What made me stop using it for the moment is that I cannot turn of "shake to skip". Carrying the N9 in my trousers pocket just randomly jumps through my MP3 collection which is most annoying.
Have you disabled the option in the settings?

Posts: 256 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Europe
Bass and treble management is definitely needed. There's no question about. There are prospects for that, e.g. the guy responsible for QuasarMX will likely work on that, same does cepiperez who's developing Flow Player. We shall see.

As I noted elsewhere, I wish to see a two simple 'bass' and 'treble' knobs in a player. That should do. And yeah, proper IEMs are a must. Monster Turbine Gold and Denon AH-C710 here. Both good. Monster delivers better bass, yet Denon, as usual, is all about crispy clear mid-range.

Posts: 485 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Galiza
Monster Cable Inc. products are crap.
That includes new Nokia line of headphones.
From an audiophile.
End of question.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hariainm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 256 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Europe
Originally Posted by Hariainm View Post
Monster Cable Inc. products are crap.
From an audiophile.
Every second kid with $30 headphones call himself an audiophile these days That's what kind of 'audiophile' you are. (At this point don't forget to paste some model of hi-end headphones you supposedly own and you 'truly really i swear' hear all the difference).

The fact that Beats get ******** media attention/ads does not mean all Monster's bad (as it isn't).

Last edited by DarkSkies; 2012-03-08 at 00:17.

Originally Posted by venomcortx1 View Post
i'm using Sennheiser HD380 Pro, and I love the sound of n9, without equalizer)
Same here but mine is HD238. Btw, using equalizer can shorten your battery life.