Previously released on OS2007 as a beta, Nokia just announced Video Center's official release for OS2008. Video Center lets you subscribe, download, stream, and manage video from feeds and gives you the option to store them on your Internet Tablet for later viewing. Video Center is currently configured to support video feeds from PodShow and Rocketboom with other official feeds to be added in the future. You can add your own video feeds however, as long as they are in RSS 2.0, XMLTV, or SPF format. Links: Video Center Garage, Install Video Center OS2008 Official screenshots after the jump. Main View: Â* Internet Videos View: My Videos View:
Read the full article.

For those trying it out, anyone care to try YouTube and Blip.tv feeds? Also, I wonder if audio podcasts would work.

Thanks.

Posts: 487 | Thanked: 152 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ London, UK
Its not really "new" news is it? I already posted a thread saying that VideoCenter was available on OS2008 and that is was not beta anymore...

see here:
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...t=beta+anymore

someone forgot to use the "search" utility..... just kidding

Applications I've made:
- Vuvuzela
- LTM: London Tube Map

Sorry El Amir. It was just that Nokia only did the official announcement today. I'll merge the two threads then. Thanks!

i've installed the 4 feeds form the catalog but is there some website where it lists more of these xmltv feeds?

Posts: 487 | Thanked: 152 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by Reggie View Post
Sorry El Amir. It was just that Nokia only did the official announcement today. I'll merge the two threads then. Thanks!
No worries

Applications I've made:
- Vuvuzela
- LTM: London Tube Map

Posts: 477 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Munich, Germany
Originally Posted by Reggie View Post
For those trying it out, anyone care to try YouTube and Blip.tv feeds?
I tried the "bestofyoutube" feed, it works but some videos are in a resolution two high to be played smoothly on the N800.

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ MI, USA
I've just re-installed again (3-4x now) once I got VC to finally recognize my Media Player, after several updates and re-installs, its then you need to reboot to start using Mplayer as the default player.

So this time It's seems to work ok so far..

me

Ive been using this link http://www.videopodcasts.tv/
to find Vid Podcasts. click on the RSS button when you select a feed you want. Then copy and paste into Video Center when you are adding services.
I have found a few good ones on this site. Works pretty well for me.

Posts: 251 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Houston, Texas
Is it time to post a bug/improvements thread about VideoCenter?

It would seem that if you stream an videocast it would mark it as Viewed for you. Instead you have to do this manually.

Manual would not be so bad if it would have check boxes next to each item that you could mark many at the same time instead of the pull-down menu (three taps for each after selection).