Still a daily user of weather, alarm clock, podcasts, music (mp3s), puzzle games, light web browsing (mostly Opera) and a sporadic user of GPS/maps, kids games, remote desktop, and many other little things.

Originally Posted by mzanetti View Post
The community SSU website states it would support also Maemo4 but the actual download button is disabled.
Which website is this? Is the site designed for the N900/Maemo5?

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by mzanetti View Post
I would be very interested in getting Qt 4.7 with QML running on it. Anyone know if it is possible? I fear the graphics card cannot handle it properly.
I actually did this around 4.7.2 and the base porting is fairly easy (took me an afternoon or so), so the lack of this is IMO due to lack of interest... There are a few gotchas, though:

- It's slow. The N900 gets away without HW acceleration because of the zippy cortex, but a 400MHz ARM11, 128M RAM and no GLES turn the coolness of QtQuick into a slideshow.

- no input method integration (on-screen kbd, menus, etc)

- the Diablo 4.5 patches never got integrated in to mainline Qt, and by now (Qt 4.7.4) have suffered a case of severe bitrot, it would take some time to forward-port them

... and sadly the disk I used for such experiments went bust so I don't even have the source any more

The Following User Says Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Qt also eats storage...

The Following User Says Thank You to tso For This Useful Post:
I just got an 810.

I'm interested in getting some things working:

pyradio

some sort of mixer (libsdl-mixer1.2? or maybe porting some command line mixer) that allows adjusting right and left volume levels independently or allows adjusting right left balance

Syncing GPE Calendar and Evolution (having trouble with ssh user)

How to know which repositories are installed

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Not sure about Pyradio...

For now, open this little bugger
http://gronmayer.com/it/dl.php?id=241

From there, in the app manager, install Xmms and whatever plugins look good for you.

I haven't tried it but there's an xmms-defx feature that's available which might be close to what you're requesting.

Ooh!

I just caught that Pyradio is available to install from my app manager.

It's saying it needs 60.8 megs of memory though.

Poopers.

Is there any way to symlink the files need to my memory card instead of using up all of that flash memory?

I see that pyradio 3.6 is now available too. It was 3.4 earlier today. My installler choked on it though. It just froze up and timed out. I had to remove the battery to reset it. It didn't give me any message about not enough memory but I only have about 6 M so I imagine that may be the problem.

I really would like to get Pandora radio working. It fails when I try through a browser.

I'd be interested in using the the memory card as well. I thought I saw somewhere that you could clone the flash memory to the SD card and then set it to boot from the SD card but I don't know if this was the 810 or the 800.

In any event I don't know how to do it.

Originally Posted by muttleytm View Post
I'd be interested in using the the memory card as well. I thought I saw somewhere that you could clone the flash memory to the SD card and then set it to boot from the SD card but I don't know if this was the 810 or the 800.
Both.

http://wiki.maemo.org/Booting_from_a_flash_card

The Following User Says Thank You to auouymous For This Useful Post:
Posts: 133 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Travel bag
Originally Posted by muttleytm View Post

In any event I don't know how to do it.
These links would give you some pointers.. I just loved the possibility of 'cloning' to an external SD keeping a backup version of the working image on a backup SD...

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=29135
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=25714
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=30818

The Following User Says Thank You to shin For This Useful Post:
SHIN!!!!!!!!!!

It's so good seeing you back here, if just for a fleeting moment.

I still have two of your applet thingies on my desktop.

Anyway, I need to bookmark this page so I can also clone to my memory card.

I just have a feeling, knowing me, that I'm going to completely bone it all up, and when asking for help, there won't be so much as a dim flicker of recognition from anyone since all the good people here have since left.

I thought for sure there was a command line that you could enter into the tablet to unpack a .deb, then from there, was simply to sim-link it.

Oh well, I guess it's about time I tried cloning to pad my life experience.

Just not now.

I might be drunk. *lol*

Tags
maemo4, nokia n800, nokia n810