Active Topics

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Originally Posted by earksiinni View Post
Anyway, I'm working on porting the latest GTK+ at the moment. I've got a big diff file that's about 24k lines of patches and have gotten through 4k =). Is there an IRC channel you guys hang out on?
Interesting. The IRC channel is #maemo-ssu on Freenode, but (as usual with IRC) be patient - might need trying more than once.

Originally Posted by auouymous View Post
http://dl.google.com/linux/talkplugi...6.0-1_i386.deb

Gentoo uses the deb provided by Google.

If Pidgin has support and someone can make the new plugin work on Maemo then it would probably be more feasible to get it working with Pidgin.
Doesn't the internet video call app just use the Telepathy libraries? telepathy-gabble library handles GTalk integration, I think, and I assume that telepathy uses gstreamer as its A/V backend...so if we get gst-plugins-ugly-x264 working, jackpot?

I did some initial experimentation last night and got an x264 package locally, though it failed to build on the autobuilder. A new enough gst-plugins-ugly will require a new glib, and I know from personal experimentation that the new glib requires a new gtk for the tablet to be useful (right now I'm running a full GTK stack w/ everything but the latest GTK and themes don't work). So I'm thinking that *surprise surprise* the five year-old GTK stack needs to be updated before anything else.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to earksiinni For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Hmm, so you're saying that media player already has an H264 codec?
Yep. Not sure how easy it will be to use for third party programs tho.

The Following User Says Thank You to tso For This Useful Post:
Is the CSSU effort still alive?
Not that much lately, but perhaps it could be revived.

I've been doing some updating efforts of my own and have ported Maemo 4.x API changes to new versions of glib, libpixmap, cairo, pango, and atk. My idea is to get a brand new GTK+ stack on the tablets.
Wow! How is that working out? Are existing apps generally happy with the new libs?

Originally Posted by maacruz View Post
Another CSSU could be possible, it just depends on ourselves.
I wanted to do an update with some of the diablo-turbo fixes, but because of lack of time I didn't fixed the packaging yet.
We also have the applet desktop locking patch, and bstern patches.
We just need to put everything together with proper packaging.
Indeed, that would be nice. Would you happen to have some time in February perhaps?

Originally Posted by tso View Post
I think osso media player does H264 in dsp.
It's H263 (CPU-side) only.

Edit: oops, that page is about Bora, and I can't find a Diablo-specific one. The N810 user guide does mention "H.264 (Baseline profile, Level 1.2)" for resolutions up to 320x240 though.

Last edited by lma; 2012-01-13 at 02:43.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Indeed, and i swear i have played back MP4 or m4v inside the maemo media player that mplayer chokes on.

Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
Originally Posted by lma View Post
Indeed, that would be nice. Would you happen to have some time in February perhaps?
It's hard to say. After doing the famous Stanford's AI class course I've got so excited that I've subscribed to 3 courses more. It gets worse though, as thing in the job get everyday more complicated.
But if you start moving I'll try to follow, if possible.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maacruz For This Useful Post:
If an updated CSSU comes out, any chance of bundling ASUI and DT with it? I doubt that anyone currently using a N8x0 doesn't use those modifications.

Though now that I've said that, I'm sure plenty of people will tell me how wrong I am.

Originally Posted by Johnnie Price View Post
If an updated CSSU comes out, any chance of bundling ASUI and DT with it?
DT maybe, ASUI no. There are too many open issues with ASUI for it to be considered stable and the CSSU should only contain stable code. And DT's scheduler apparently causes MCE to break when alarmd is enabled.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to auouymous For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Johnnie Price View Post
If an updated CSSU comes out, any chance of bundling ASUI and DT with it? I doubt that anyone currently using a N8x0 doesn't use those modifications.

Though now that I've said that, I'm sure plenty of people will tell me how wrong I am.
Yeah, I don't use either one. Like a few of the other people up-thread, I'm concerned about DT's stability. Even a 1.5% reflash rate is too high for me.

And as auouymous pointed out, ASUI isn't stable right now.

The Following User Says Thank You to bstern For This Useful Post:

Tags
diablo, maemo 4