Active Topics

Am I blind, stupid or just confused?

I have looked all over the place online and through the settings dialogs, and I don't see where you can set up a proxy for the N9.

I tried setting it with gconftool and gconftool-2, but it still wasn't using the proxy settings for the browser.

Basically I want to set up a script that will be launched by ProfileMatic when I connect to the WiFi at work, so that I can still log onto the facebook program. I don't really use facebook, but I use it for testing purposes.

Any clue on how to do this? Any help would be most appreciative.

slaapliedje

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by slaapliedje View Post
Am I blind, stupid or just confused?

I have looked all over the place online and through the settings dialogs, and I don't see where you can set up a proxy for the N9.

I tried setting it with gconftool and gconftool-2, but it still wasn't using the proxy settings for the browser.

Basically I want to set up a script that will be launched by ProfileMatic when I connect to the WiFi at work, so that I can still log onto the facebook program. I don't really use facebook, but I use it for testing purposes.

Any clue on how to do this? Any help would be most appreciative.

slaapliedje
go to internet settings, and set it there, for example choose/edit wifi network that you want and add proxies manually in there.

Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
go to internet settings, and set it there, for example choose/edit wifi network that you want and add proxies manually in there.
Yeah, and what to do if it is proxy authenticated? Where to inform user and passwd???

Originally Posted by cynik606 View Post
Yeah, and what to do if it is proxy authenticated? Where to inform user and passwd???
What he said!

Yeah, I was blind, for whatever reason I saw "advanced settings disconnect and my brain thought it was the same for some reason. Cursed lack of sleep!

slaapliedje

try setting the username And it may ask for the pass. It try an encrypted method e.g tls.
biggest problem i have it that many apps don't want to work when the proxy is enabled!

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
usually at least on normal http_proxy is given like
Code:
http://username:password@hostname

Plesae someone help
i cant find anyway to set username and password for proxy

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
soomsar,

Did you read rainisto's post just 2 posts above yours?

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
soomsar,

Did you read rainisto's post just 2 posts above yours?
Sure,But can't insert : or @ !
Why?!no other ways?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to soomsar For This Useful Post:
no one?please help me