hi peeps,

at my workplace, i am currently wanted to re-write my scripting in perl language to python.

when i want to download ActiveState Python , I noticed there are 2.7 and 3.2 variatns.

soo...mwhich should I use, so that can support my knowledge when I want to develop app for N9 or the future, sailfish?

Last edited by soryuuha; 2013-06-05 at 03:08.

The Following User Says Thank You to soryuuha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
mu

Use whatever they use in your workplace.

I notice that you also mention N9. I do not know which version of Python they have available there but on N900 it is 2.5 (with 2.7 in experimental development, though without any news for 6 months). However I may wish to be wrong, I doubt there is 3.2 on N9.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
lol..first i heard of moo

The Following User Says Thank You to soryuuha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
IIRC Harmattan has 2.6, which is not very different from 2.7. Mer/Nemo (and thus Sailfish) have either 2.6 or 2.7 If you want to make a GUI app all three platforms (including Fremantle) have the PySide Python bindings for Qt.

The Following User Says Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
It's 2.6.6. I recently was trying to build a new version of Firefox, but it says it requires Python 2.7, (that was the official Mozilla way). So I had given up at that point. It would be nice to have 2.7, since it does fix a lot of bugs. I think it odd that there is work for 2.7 on the N900, but not on the N9.

Hopefully core system APIs like Python won't be left unmaintained on SailfishOS.

Ha, guess this is another reason why I fully support the people who are working on the insane task of rebasing Maemo 5 (maybe 6) on Debian Squeeze or Wheezy.

slaapliedje
I have figured out the reason 'smartphones' were invented. They are for reading the internet while pooping. This means the best smartphone ever created is the N9. It is the only one that works so well single-handed.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to slaapliedje For This Useful Post:

Tags
dude wrote, phyton twice