Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by clovis86 View Post
Just sayin' this is completely stupid to resume an ingore list to a specific country, but if this is you way of life dude, just do it.
You'll just take the risk to miss someone interesting, with a different point of view.
FYI, I also traveled a lot, and your "ignore list country" doesn' fit with someone used to a multicultural environnment, more with someone afraid of "the other" and that never leaved his beautiful country because evertyhing else isn't as good as what's done in his beloved country....
No offense
regards ...
You completly missing My point and the answer to your question. But hey, its irrelevant.
Have you got the money yet or do you donated to Jolla?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
You completly missing My point and the answer to your question. But hey, its irrelevant.
Have you got the money yet or do you donated to Jolla?
nevermind, we are effecively not talking about the same thing
I got a mail saying I'm in for the tablet about 2 weeks ago.
Since, waiting ...
Waiting 2 long, canceled yesterday, and will be refund soon ( sic )
Ordered a Jolla C yesterday that will be paid with the tablet refund

Posts: 435 | Thanked: 684 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Netherlands 020
@Dave999
Did you allready ordered a Jolla cPhone, cuz?

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by jellyroll View Post
@Dave999
Did you allready ordered a Jolla cPhone, cuz?
No. I did not. Don't support scamers until they come clean.

But I do not judge people who do. Everybody has their own view. And are right.

Did you?

Last edited by Dave999; 2016-05-27 at 08:34.

Posts: 435 | Thanked: 684 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Netherlands 020
I wouldn't buy anything from a scamming person or company but it could be fun if you gave them a second chance.

Originally Posted by jellyroll View Post
I wouldn't buy anything from a scamming person or company but it could be fun if you gave them a second chance.
Indeed. Just waiting for how Jolla handles second part of refund and then decide If they get it or not.

I would also like to see some changes in the leadership of Jolla.

anyhow, Jolla C is out of stock

Posts: 400 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Geneva - CH

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
I think there's also a couple of other reasons for Jolla going about it in this fashion.

First of all, when the Intex device was launched (for that is what this is) there were Indian community members offering to re-ship them for non-Indian members. By doing this Jolla helps to take the burden off them. It should also be noted that enforcing the warranty with those devices from Intex, India might be very difficult for non-Indians - the Royal Mail in the UK state that the sending of mobile phones to India is prohibited [1] (it would be classed as an import, so you'd have to get special permission). You would also have to justify the postage costs (end-user > Indian community member > Intex and back), and even then I'm not even sure what the law regarding warranties is in India.

Secondly, as the vast majority of people who enter the program will already have a Jolla device, by having a decent-sized pool of experienced (with the OS) beta-testers, Jolla will be better able to iron out major bugs before they roll them out to the larger pool of retail devices in the Indian market.

I'd also hazard a guess that they'll sell as many complete batches of phones as they are able to without having to keep an inventory.

[1] http://www.royalmail.com/india

Last edited by mrsellout; 2016-05-27 at 18:51.

Originally Posted by mrsellout View Post
I think there also a couple of other reasons for Jolla going about it in this fashion.

First of all, when the Intex device was launched (for that is what this is) there were Indian community members offering to re-ship them for non-Indian members. By doing this Jolla helps to take the burden off them. It should also be noted that enforcing the warranty with those devices from Intex, India might be very difficult for non-Indians - the Royal Mail in the UK state that the sending of mobile phones to India is prohibited [1] (it would be classed as an import, so you'd have to get special permission). You would also have to justify the postage costs (end-user > Indian community member > Intex and back), and even then I'm not even sure what the law regarding warranties is in India.

Secondly, as the vast majority of people who enter the program will already have a Jolla device, by having a decent-sized pool of experienced (with the OS) beta-testers, Jolla will be better able to iron out major bugs before they roll them out to the larger pool of retail devices in the Indian market.

I'd also hazard a guess that they'll sell as many complete batches of phones as they are able to without having to keep an inventory.

[1] http://www.royalmail.com/india
Any more info of how its going for jolla in the unscamed part of the world(india). Assuming there is a pool...Do they sell in 1000s,10000s?

I mean, let's hope this isn't some spare-part devices from unsold aqua fish batches...

Last edited by Dave999; 2016-05-27 at 16:31.

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund