Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
Originally Posted by Joseph.skb View Post
The truth is finally out!!!

Nokia will announce that the N900 was the best phone they were came up with for a very, very long time, and they have decided to dedicate 20% of their full time, top resource in supporting, improving and expanding the N900 market with 3G video call, voice navigation, and all the other apps the Maemo community wanted. The N900i with an improved keyboard and USB charger will be Nokia's new strategic flagship model to compete with all the other Smartphones out there and you have an option to use Meego. Also, everyone who contributed over 500 posts in the Maemo.org and with over 200 thanks will receive portion of new Nokia shares that will be introduced in June 2011.

Oh! and did I already mentioned the battery will last 2 weeks on a single charge???

Good night...it's late
lmao))))))))

Posts: 364 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Australia
Simple, NOKIA is now a new division of M$ and the HO is moving to USA.

The Following User Says Thank You to vivmak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by vivmak View Post
Simple, NOKIA is now a new division of M$ and the HO is moving to USA.
Sorry, man.. that one can't really get a chuckle. FAR too likely a possibility for it to be considered a funny joke here.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Maybe they're announcing the death of oviMaps. We can only hope--given they're using Bing mapping. Even that HAS to be better than oviMaps was. :P
Actually, it is my understanding that Bing Maps and ovi Maps are to be merged. One can only assume this is an attempt to take the worst parts of both and get a market-leading mapping solution by way of integer overflow.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Benson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 908 | Thanked: 501 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ West Sussex, England
Originally Posted by Benson View Post
Actually, it is my understanding that Bing Maps and ovi Maps are to be merged. One can only assume this is an attempt to take the worst parts of both and get a market-leading mapping solution by way of integer overflow.
Bing maps will get Ovi's Navteq maps with turn by turn navigation, and i'm pretty sure it'll be getting the Ovi 3d maps that have been advertised and used lately

Originally Posted by richwhite View Post
Bing maps will get Ovi's Navteq maps with turn by turn navigation, and i'm pretty sure it'll be getting the Ovi 3d maps that have been advertised and used lately
In other words, it will not be sufficiently competitive with even GARMIN much less Google Maps or anybody else, right?
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 279 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Holland
If only Elop would own a N900 as his prior phone, the future would alter to become an eden for the technology aware consumer, freeing the chains of closedness to shiver into the light of the open, with roots under our feet controlling the very aspects of wonderfull software that has yet to come.

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Originally Posted by naninenu View Post
How about Nokia has decided to buy Microsoft. Stop Dreaming son.. Jus Kiddin...
What a bloody nightmare. Couple MS with Never finish One Kind of project In favor of Another.

Each version of Windows a complete rewrite, each incompatible with the previous, every year your OS becomes "old". Windows Update will deliver critical patches once a year, in service packs. UI department decides what the OS includes. If you installed games, you need to format and install the new version. Less options. Outlook no longer supports renaming meetings. Word decides to clock your CPU to max and pin it there. Winamp stutters. Windows Live reports your number to Microsoft. Microsoft site is cleared of whitepapers and reports and is replaced by an animated page in green containing specs.

Two months later, Windows is renamed to WiiGo enters beta again.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ndi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ndi View Post
What a bloody nightmare. Couple MS with Never finish One Kind of project In favor of Another.

Each version of Windows a complete rewrite, each incompatible with the previous, every year your OS becomes "old". Windows Update will deliver critical patches once a year, in service packs. UI department decides what the OS includes. If you installed games, you need to format and install the new version. Less options. Outlook no longer supports renaming meetings. Word decides to clock your CPU to max and pin it there. Winamp stutters. Windows Live reports your number to Microsoft. Microsoft site is cleared of whitepapers and reports and is replaced by an animated page in green containing specs.

Two months later, Windows is renamed to WiiGo enters beta again.
Ironically, I can see a LOT of parallels there with the Maemo experience over the years. :P

ROFLOL @ "maemo envy" tag!! Oh my God I laughed.. hard.
Meego MAAYBE... Maemo... OMG no.. no no.. HAhahaha! no.

Tags
maemo envy, prof.farnsworth, titanic, troll jerk off