Notices

I think Bundyo treated him very well, he explained what the problem was, how and when it'll be fixed. Despite aironeous not being his customer.

You can't just go and demand and threaten people, no matter if you're paying or not. One can care about the community's project without being obnoxious.

Is this how we should let people\customers treat us and our work?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ColdFusion For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ColdFusion View Post
I think Bundyo treated him very well, he explained what the problem was, how and when it'll be fixed. Despite aironeous not being his customer.

You can't just go and demand and threaten people, no matter if you're paying or not. One can care about the community's project without being obnoxious.

Is this how we should let people\customers treat us and our work?
I totally agree, there is a LOT of work in software development and a Internet browser is not an easy task. To submit feedback should be appreciated, but more decency when criticize the application is also good. If there is no respect, then that person should learn programming and fix it by himself, aaahah this path will take him couple of years learning curve if he is an outsider... then complain nicely...

The Following User Says Thank You to Architengi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
@CF: Oh I completely agree, but I don't think retaliating and ridiculing the OP was the best way to go about it either. As you've pointed out yourself with bundyo's reaction.. (kudos to him btw).

The Following User Says Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Well I expected that he'd either be ignored or told to stfu. So I guess he got the better treatment.
Only customer support people endure being yelled at for stuff like this. No normal person would put up with that.

Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
Lets just say - it will be Fixed in Fremantle

Now seriously: This and a number of other problems (like strange chars on the pages and the maxlength issue) are probably caused by the usage of GLib for Unicode handling (and libidn). The change in Diablo was dictated by the too big 40MB libicu library that is used for WebKit by default. However in Fremantle I'm going to update the WebKit library to its libsoup version and will leave the libicu Unicode handling in.
Can it be fixed in Mer?

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Probably, they use Fremantle's libs, so they should have updated libsoup to 2.4.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,605 | Thanked: 1,601 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Southern California
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
As ridiculous as his post may seem from 'our' point of view, meaning those who are already aware how FOSS works in general (ie: you get it for free, you get access to the source code, you can fix it yourself if it's not broken, you can help by filing bugfixes, etc)... I think we have to appreciate a user that cares about the community's project as much as he does.

Obviously it's something he's liked and cared about, otherwise why would he even care to post about it or offer $20 of his own money? (IE: Most browsers are free, and those alternative browsers in the iPhone AppStore are $0.99 to $4.99 at most.)

Is this how we should treat people\customers that cares about our work?
I agree with you for the most part. And, as many of you know, I'm not the kind of guy who unabashedly lashes out at forum posters here. But, even after the fact, you've got to admit that even the n00biest of forum users (not to mention tablet users) usually approach issues in a much more civilized -- and less belligerent -- manner.

No excuses, though... If I offended anyone, I apologize (http://sadviolin.com).

Tim

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to timsamoff For This Useful Post: