Notices

If you don't want to get your a** kicked by the police, follow this simple video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj0mtxXEGE8

enjoy

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Green Ninja For This Useful Post:
Wow can't believe things like this happen... Makes me won't go to america all my life. That sucks man... If it were in my country policemen like that would end up on side of a highway one morning lying dead. Yeah vigilante works But hey they never did anything bad without proper reason.

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 537 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ scotland
Originally Posted by efekt View Post
Since when Police == No Freedom?
You ARE aware of the fact that because of the police
since never, however what i said was POLICE STATE which by definition means no (or very little) freedom, enforced curfew, enforced mandatory searches, no right to privacy etc etc. this means you WILL be harassed by police but unlikely by crime. in response to the previous genius line of "aw well id rather be harassed by cops than baddees wif guns innit."

i'm perfectly aware of that. at what point did i say get rid of police? or that all police are bad? if all of you would actually listen to whats being said and stop being so blinkered this wouldn't even be a debate at this point. i'll try and keep it simple.

1. police are given power to protect the law and citizens rights.
2. SOME police ABUSE this power for personal gain, amusement, sick kicks, harassment, sex, or otherwise. If you are stupid enough to deny this happens just ecause you havent seen it in your neighbourhood, whens the last time you seen a kid starve to death in your street? do you also deny that happens elsewhere?
3 if there is an app to help protect people from being the victim of harrasment or abuse, why deny its usefulness to others because you wont use it? would you ridicule a rape prevention app because you've never been raped? no? well find some sense and move on.
4. if this gets rid of the BAD cops who dont do their jobs and instead victimise the innocent, it will free up jobs for GOOD cops to take over.

its a sad day when i can't slip at least one hitchhiker reference in somewhere.

The Following User Says Thank You to festivalnut For This Useful Post:
Posts: 152 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ West Virginia
in before the lock...

and seriously, cops have dash cams for a reason, they can't just 'shut them off' so they can harass someone (superiors frown on the cams being off during shift). As well, like someone already said, if you are fumbling for your phone while an officer is walking up to your car....good luck to you.

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 537 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ scotland
Originally Posted by coderedcomputing View Post
in before the lock...

and seriously, cops have dash cams for a reason, they can't just 'shut them off' so they can harass someone (superiors frown on the cams being off during shift). As well, like someone already said, if you are fumbling for your phone while an officer is walking up to your car....good luck to you.
not in the uk they dont, even if they did it doesn't stop them taking you behind their car, bumping the camera in the wrong direction, or just accepting the "frown", or harassing you when you're on foot.

its a sad day when i can't slip at least one hitchhiker reference in somewhere.

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Guys, you really missing the point. This is an app request. The opinions on police brutality the OP, you or me have are irrelevant. The detalis given even if you dont agree with the point of view is extremely valuable for a developer - it is specs.

Finally, if I would make this app I would call it something like "my life recording" app and users could use it as they care. Record corrupted people or their kids playing.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:

Tags
saturn in, uranus