I guess it’s normal that people that get their phones with defect try to solve their problems here in the forum. Although we shouldn’t forget that it could be a perfect medium for trolls.
But my proposal is that everyone that has the phone and that has no problems also shares their experience with us. It could be in this tread or just a new tread per user like it seems to be the approach of malfunctioning N900 users.

Last edited by drm; 2009-11-25 at 11:11.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to drm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 78 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London
Wow what a glowing assessment!
Seriously though, anyone who owns an N900 already, must obviously have brought theirs without trying it out first. If you then complain then then your a dumb **** for buying it without seeing if it was suitable.

Originally Posted by bret hart View Post
Wow what a glowing assessment!
Seriously though, anyone who owns an N900 already, must obviously have brought theirs without trying it out first. If you then complain then then your a dumb **** for buying it without seeing if it was suitable.
You know...it might not be possible for everyone to try the device before purchasing it. Most people do not live in an area where there's a Nokia flagship store.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to unkno For This Useful Post:
Posts: 78 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London
Well then why do they have to be part of the early adopters brigade if they are unsure about what type of device they are getting?

The Following User Says Thank You to bret hart For This Useful Post:
Posts: 242 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
Well then why do they have to be part of the early adopters brigade if they are unsure about what type of device they are getting?
Well, aren't you just a ray of sunshine? Jeez

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dreadnought For This Useful Post:
Posts: 183 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
With having watched over 200 youtube videos and probably read 15-20 reviews, I know what device I am getting when I order a N900.
I for myself just want to be sure that there aren't any hardware based childhood diseases like the lens scratcher of the N97 before ordering one.

-Albert Camus
If this post was useful, please use the "Thanks"-button and I will do so, when you post something useful.

Lot’s of people come to maemo talk before buying the phone. If we let pass the idea that all phones have problems, it will be bad for maemo adoption. Plus there are lots of positive feedbacks from users in treads that start like “N900 is garbage”.
If you enter on the community site and see on active topics lots of these tittles it will for sure undermine N900 prospects of being a successful platform.
And let’s not forget that bloggers and reviewers are here too.
For sure their will be defective phones in every platform, I just want to know what is the percentage.

The Following User Says Thank You to drm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 121 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ New York, US
I am very happy w/ the N900. Hardware wise is a jewel.
Software: it could do better, I'm pretty sure next firmware upgrade + the open source devels will make it nicer.

But at any rate, HW + SW, it is better than any other alternative, so I'm happy w/ it.

The Following User Says Thank You to dnastase For This Useful Post:
Exactly. This is a rocking piece of hardware full of features, some just waiting to be truly enabled with future software, Nokia or third-party.

Just like FM radio I enabled yesterday by downloading to application from Maemo Direct (maemo.nokia.com). Boom (to quote a famous someone), it just works.

Banned | Posts: 537 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ N900 LAND
My microphone does not work any clues