Notices

Originally Posted by fw190 View Post
We have photo translator ! It works. It's not perfect but works.
Yes I find that app to be very useful even as a alpha, but hasn't it been too long with the developers not announcing anything.Is it still in development or abandoned?

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Chesapeake, VA
not bad not bad...

Posts: 99 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ shanghai , China
love this app if i can do the batch job . u two app impressed me a lot

I can think of some excellent uses for something like this if it were open sourced.

Oh wow this look great
+1 for you sir

Wow amazing, in my university we tend to copy notes from each other all the time, and sometimes we need to photo copy pages from text books (which requires lots of moneh) :0, I love this app, a real life saver. Saves me both time and moneh....excellent ^_^... lol I also use my phones voice recorder to record lectures :')...now thats super excellent...

useful app.

Posts: 135 | Thanked: 375 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Hong Kong
Thanks for all of your comments!

@ossipena , @HtheB

ok, I will make it able to load another folder on next release. But it will not be as powerful as "Photos" (e.g load all photos in phone). It will take longer time to develop

@imacmillan
I have similar idea. The OCR software in mobile is not easy to use , it is hardly to adjust the view point for it to work. FrontView can simplify the process.

@eiraku

haha, I will not stop the development of PenPen. In fact , FrontView is developed before PenPen (Some module in PenPen is based on the code from FrontView). After finished FrontView 0.1, I still have several features wanna to implement, but feel very tried then I start another toy project , Pen Pen , just for fun. Then will back to the development of FrontView 0.2 . However, I have changed my mind on few day ago - let v0.1 release first.

Now I am thinking about using FrontView to scan doc , and let's PenPen to draw something over on it.

@wasserkuhl

Be careful , I don't want somebody carry gun and knock my door :P

@dmj726
For example?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to benlau For This Useful Post:
@benlau: That's great mate, FrontView to scan and PenPen to annotate, makes taking notes so much simpler. Work on it enough and I see the potential of it being an extremely worthwhile combo.

Also there's Tesseract, which Phototranslator uses for OCR, which might be the last missing piece of the puzzle. Like someone said before, we don nessecarily need the "translation" part as we do the OCR.

But anyway, back to FrontView. The "chose paper area" (the movable green area thingy) option does not work for me. I choose my selected area, press scan, and it only scans the area that it chose automatically before that.

For some unknown reason, it DOES work sometimes, which is just sad. Any ideas?

thanks a much needed app....great work