I'm making my own theme, and I don't want the default icon shape. I've already replaced the files in /usr/share/theme/*theme*/meegotouch/images/theme/basement
however they are only for contacts. The browser is still making the bookmarks with the default icon shape.

Does anybody know if the browser uses a different masking file (which i have not been able to find) or does it use something internal to the application?

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
I don't know but iPhone users have used a js bookmarklet to change the apple-touch-icon before they save the bookmark. I also know that iPhone respects the apple-touch-icon-composited (IIRC) so that the phone does't add it's own shape and shine to the icon. The same bookmarklet could be modified and used on the N9 (don't know if it respects the composited attribute) to use the webpage provided icon without trying ro squircle it.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following User Says Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
I'm ok with that, i'm more interested in how the browser applies the squircle. For contacts (both in the phone ui, contacts ui and messages ui) are all done through a specific masking file which i've replaced to get my own shape. However the browser doesn't listen to that masking file, and I haven't been able to see any files similar to that.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Hey, did you found a way to change the icons of bookmarked websites? I bookmarked Google Reader and Google+ and wanted to set proper Harmattan shaped icons for them.

Gotta be in the .desktop file

The icon location, so maybe find the .desktop file for the bookmark and then go from there

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

Home/user/.grob/l is the location for bookmarks icons

The Following User Says Thank You to eltoffer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,161 | Thanked: 1,707 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by eltoffer View Post
Home/user/.grob/l is the location for bookmarks icons
There must be another place where the template for bookmarks is located otherwise you'll have to manually change it every time you've made a bookmark.
I haven't tried changing one yet but i predict it will stay the shape it is now, no matter what .png you replace a bookmark with in that folder, atleast that was how it worked on the N900 afair.
As the OP wants to change the shape I think he needs to find that template/mask aswell.

Regards Dousan...

e: just changed a bookmark icon with a custom .png (same size/shape as the org. bookmark .png. It changed the bookmark icon on the homescreen but didn't change the thumpnail in /home/user/.grob/I.

My Søciety6:
http://society6.com/Dousan

Last edited by Dousan; 2012-05-02 at 06:27.

Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
Gotta be in the .desktop file

The icon location, so maybe find the .desktop file for the bookmark and then go from there
I know. But I can't find the desktop file for my website bookmarks.

Posts: 135 | Thanked: 158 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
.desktop-files are in /home/user/.local/share/applications

Originally Posted by superjunior View Post
.desktop-files are in /home/user/.local/share/applications
Thx. I looked in /usr/share/applications. Forget that there was another location.