Notices

Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Two things:
1. The kernel module bq27x00_battery DIDN'T drain battery like crazy. It just caused some software to read incorrect values but battery was NOT! draining even SLIGHTLY faster. The solution is
Code:
sudo gainroot
echo "blacklist bq27x00_battery" >> /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist
and rebooting your phone - then battery widget and status bar and EVERYTHING shows the same and correct value.

2. You ignored all my questions and requests from my previous post and without answering them, I will not be able to help any more in this case and I doubt anyone will be able to add anything worth attention here without your answer to my questions from previous post.

for all who are interessted in power-savin

come to our thread

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...8&postcount=44

oh and one more thing. one week back, when my phone showed like 0.4 percent battery, i could go on for like MAX 3 songs then dead. now after overclocking, at 0.4 percent, it played music for 1.5 hours and took some snaps off fcamera then died. though battery IS poor after overclocking but it is weird as well.

Originally Posted by misiak View Post
Two things:
1. The kernel module bq27x00_battery DIDN'T drain battery like crazy. It just caused some software to read incorrect values but battery was NOT! draining even SLIGHTLY faster. The solution is
Code:
sudo gainroot
and rebooting your phone - then battery widget and status bar and EVERYTHING shows the same and correct value.

2. You ignored all my questions and requests from my previous post and without answering them, I will not be able to help any more in this case and I doubt anyone will be able to add anything worth attention here without your answer to my questions from previous post.
yes i will answer your question in 5 mins. oh and i did try that solution an hour back but it wasnt it. i tried it and rebooting but it was the same

Two things:
Code:
sudo gainroot

hey yes i do have extras protocol but not pidgin. though i havent used the IM conversations for past 5 days

Originally Posted by yasirrfc View Post
hey yes i do have extras protocol but not pidgin. though i havent used the IM conversations for past 5 days
Try removing them and see if battery drainage still occurs. The IM system (and whole Maemo system) is designed in a way that you don't need to run conversations or contacts or other apps, some deamons are just started at system startup (so when you power on your phone) and keep running in the background even if you don't need them. Knowing that you have extras-devel enabled I would try:
- removing extra protocols
- disabling extras-devel and extras-testing and leaving enabled just normal extras repository (just for a while)
- refreshing application lists from repositories
- installing extra protocols, so you will sure you have the version from Extras, not from Extras-devel. Version in Extras is tested and reported stable.
- re-enabling extras-testing and extras-devel if you really want to.

Also, don't update extra protocols support later, as it will download version from extras-devel, which may cause battery drainage (because some part of conversations runs all the time, even when you don't use Conversations application).

Try removing them and see if battery drainage still occurs. The IM system (and whole Maemo system) is designed in a way that you don't need to run conversations or contacts or other apps, some deamons are just started at system startup (so when you power on your phone) and keep running in the background even if you don't need them. Knowing that you have extras-devel enabled I would try:
- removing extra protocols
- disabling extras-devel and extras-testing and leaving enabled just normal extras repository (just for a while)
- refreshing application lists from repositories
- installing extra protocols, so you will sure you have the version from Extras, not from Extras-devel. Version in Extras is tested and reported stable.
- re-enabling extras-testing and extras-devel if you really want to.

Also, don't update extra protocols support later, as it will download version from extras-devel, which may cause battery drainage (because some part of conversations runs all the time, even when you don't use Conversations application).
hey thanks i will try this. any idea about the 0.4 percent battery time issue?

Originally Posted by yasirrfc View Post
hey thanks i will try this. any idea about the 0.4 percent battery time issue?
Yes. Previously when it showed 0.4% it was actually more. It is a bug with the bq27x00_battery module, some software then reports incorrect battery percentage. So you could do so much with 0.4% before because it was more (maybe 10%? maybe even 15%) and then when it showed 0.4% in the second situation, it might really be 0.4%. It is bug known to power kernel dev (devs?), because it was reported and discussed in power kernel thread earlier. It will be probably fixed somehow in future power kernel releases.

ok i did what u told me to. charged it around 3 am it was charged and 11 am its showing 45 percent

Tags
goooooooooogle, i want a pony, spoonfeed alert, tool alert, yasir the prick