Notices

BTW what is smart reflex?

Posts: 472 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ India, Mumbai
i dont think there can be any app made to increase battery life... but you never know its N900 and has the habit to suprise..

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Romania
It's a power saving feature. You can activate it by using QCPUFreq.

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
seriously thinking that i may have to knock an app together to turn a few things off, drop the brightnees, or even just lie.

bang it on the app store for 5 quid. there may be some fools out there who are easily parted....

either that or get some shoulder harnesses for carrying 12v batteries about with a car charger built in.

edit: never underestimate thwe power of google.
http://www.cluson.co.uk/productsMain.aspx?CI_ID=275

12v 7 amp battery in a canvas bag with shoulder strap and a car cigerette lighte socker for plugging in a car charger. That puppy should run the N900 for a few days...

Nokia 770 (2gb) since Aug 2007
Nokia N800 (32gb) since Dec 2007
Nokia N810 (16gb) since Sep 2009
Nokia N900 (64gb) since Aug 2010 ______________________________

Last edited by gazza_d; 2011-06-27 at 21:01.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gazza_d For This Useful Post:
Okay guys.. seriously stop it... *ROFL*

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
http://wiki.maemo.org/How_To_Make_Yo...ry_Last_Longer
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

JHC, you guys are asses, by the looks of things I doubt this guy even has the CSSU, let alone kernel-power to adjust the settings.

Trisha02, you should install the CSSU(You must already be running the latest firmware, do a google to check), there is an auto-installer if you add these repositories to your package manager; guide for extras-devel, guide for extras.

Then under the download menu look for the "Comunity SSU" and install, follow the instructions, afterwards reboot the phone.

Once rebooted, open your package manager again and search for kernel-power-settings. install and reboot.

Lastly navigate to xTerminal and type
Code:
uname -r
in the text returned look for the word "power" if it's there you've successfully installed kernel power! (Assuming you already have rootsh, or an alternative installed) in terminal type
Code:
sudo gainroot

kernel-config load ulv
kernel-config 250 800
kernel-config save mysetting
kernel-config default mysetting
kernel-config show
Now that should make your N900 more responsive and theoretically have a longer battery.

You could enable smart reflex by downloading QCPUFreq(have to be running CSSU) from the package manager, but I have found this to be uselessly-unstable.

*Note:This may brick your device, I'm not responsible for your actions. Also this will end you warranty, so if you have a damage repair warranty service attached to your phone, don't do this.

Last edited by Soulaxe; 2011-06-28 at 07:31.

Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
Originally Posted by gazza_d View Post
seriously thinking that i may have to knock an app together to turn a few things off, drop the brightnees, or even just lie.

bang it on the app store for 5 quid. there may be some fools out there who are easily parted....
Unfortunately you've been beaten to it: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=67710

The Following User Says Thank You to jedi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
@soulaxe if you follow the link in first post to the other thread trisha02 has posted on, you'll see that they have the CSSU and have also overclocked the device.

it's a case of a little knowledge, and also a niave belief in snake oil apps for android, unlike here where the n900 is open and tweaking is possible easily..

Nokia 770 (2gb) since Aug 2007
Nokia N800 (32gb) since Dec 2007
Nokia N810 (16gb) since Sep 2009
Nokia N900 (64gb) since Aug 2010 ______________________________

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gazza_d For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
Originally Posted by gazza_d View Post
@soulaxe if you follow the link in first post to the other thread trisha02 has posted on, you'll see that they have the CSSU and have also overclocked the device.

it's a case of a little knowledge, and also a niave belief in snake oil apps for android, unlike here where the n900 is open and tweaking is possible easily..
..and not to mention the ~362,000 results returned when searching for "how to improve battery life on n900" on Google...

Tags
goooooooooogle, operator error, spoonfeed alert