Closed Thread
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
@benny1967 actually it was just for fun, i forgot to tell you what i need exactly: update is version bump. 1.0.1.10 to 1.0.1.12 is not update, 1.0.5.16 to 1.0.5.19 is not update, 1.1.0.38 to 1.1.0.39 is not update also.
Matter of definition. Version numbers are just that: numbers. Somebody once decided that Sailfish OS is no longer beta. They also decided that instead of version 1.0.9 there'd be 1.1. It's arbitrary to a certain degree.

If they give me system packages to download and install on my phone, it's an update. What else would it be? In my world, an update isn't defined by how many packages are changed or how big the changes are. 1.0.5.19, for example, was essential for me and made a greater difference in user experience / feature set than 1.0.5.16. Why then wouldn't I count it as a full update?

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
http://i.imgur.com/XoAjpnf.gif
Ah, now I understand where this mess was coming from

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
So does anyone have any idea when will see update10?

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Oct 2014 @ California
I have no idea,there is no info ,no news, nothing! i think jolla cheat their customers so badly

Posts: 196 | Thanked: 169 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Bosnia /Sarajevo
Originally Posted by Zoloo View Post
I have no idea,there is no info ,no news, nothing! i think jolla cheat their customers so badly
if you read, you can find info. Look at post 486 http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=93830&page=49 I think in this upcoming week

The Following User Says Thank You to sada11 For This Useful Post:
Perhaps they ran into some issues that they are having difficulty fixing. Possibly they are still working on the low memory issues. I do find the opt-in release quite usable though. I'd rather have software released based on progress than a date.

"The system's handling of out of memory (OOM) conditions still needs some work, meaning

The device can behave sluggishly when it is low in memory. This can cause annoyances during heavy daily use of your Jolla. A reboot makes things better, but we understand that this is not something our users want to do frequently.
Common tasks like answering calls, opening notifications, multitasking, switching between apps etc can take tens or hundreds of milliseconds to operate in low memory conditions. For a smooth operation, the OS needs to makes sure that the memory is never critically low.
Communication between Sailfish apps and background processes (daemons) can take longer when the system is swapping in low memory conditions. This is experienced as stutter in the UI and in extreme cases, it can freeze the UI completely."

The Following User Says Thank You to salyavin For This Useful Post:
Helsinki, October 2014
New Sailfish OS update is here – for volunteers now, soon to others!
It’s been a while since the last full Sailfish OS software update, and we realize that there are many of you who’ve been waiting a lot for this update. We now have good news for you: we have an update available for you!
After the Finnish summer holidays we started to work on a major technological change in our software development, in technical terms ‘updated our UI framework from Qt5.1 to Qt5.2’. In practice this change makes life a lot easier for e.g. application developers. This is of course just one of the benefits of this change, but it is definitely one of the more important ones.
In relation to the technical upgrade, we have some important fine-tuning still to do, and thus we have decided to give this update to our more advanced users, i.e. to those of you who wish to have it. So if you want to opt-in for this software update (called ‘Uitukka’), please send an email to update9-opt-in@jolla.com.
Read more about the opt-in, and see the full release notes here.
What new in this update?
The most important features in this update are:
New overlays for Maps – satellite, car (daylight mode), transit (public transport) and night mode
Auto save of mail drafts
Account setup process on the phone has been made more user friendly, also new services added: Fruux, Memotoo ja Yahoo!
Experimental improved out of memory handling by Android runtime environment
The next full software update is expected to be ready and delivered to all users during November!
Sail on!
Jolla Team

WHERE IS THE NEXT FULL ******* UPDATE !?!?!!?! COME ON YOU JOLLA !!!

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
The next full software update is expected to be ready and delivered to all users during November!
Sail on!
Jolla Team
WHERE IS THE NEXT FULL ******* UPDATE !?!?!!?! COME ON YOU JOLLA !!!
hmmh, expected, not guaranteed.

I know it is always nice and exciting to get a new update, and of course I am looking forward to it.
There's no point crying like a baby, you will not get it a minute earlier by doing so

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
now i understand ,small company is small company.

The Following User Says Thank You to Zoloo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
now i understand ,small company is small company.
I don't. I have worked for large (>1.5k employees worldwide) and small (3 employees) companies. All I can say on this topic is that the smaller the company is, the more vital it is to keep your promises and manage your customers' expectations.

Closed Thread

Tags
edging, jollasoap, sailfish update