Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 112 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Poland
It looks like you don't have qtcomponents... but it is not possible.

@Longuist
I can, I made up/down because I tried to make swipe left for coming back to grid, but I have got some problems with implementing

Before I uploaded last ver. I tried to take buttonbar to bottom, but when I started app it gets wrong coordinates, after changing to portrait and back to landscape it is appearing in right place...

I will think about it

Like above

and this bug... it's Segmentation Fault but why? I don't know, I got it randomly, I think it's QML bug, but I will look deeper in my code.

I am not saving cache thumbnails because it's getting much RAM memory and if someone opened dir with 2k images, I think app will not run.

Thanks for it

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jendkers For This Useful Post:
Hi again.
Unfortunately i have nothing done in QML yet and only little with python, so i will be no direct help. But i suggest to look at the parts in your code where session/state/property/size-changes occur and watch their values.
Its crashing 100/100 when in background, mostly within 10-50 seconds.

The reason i asked about the thumnails/memory. i deleted all thumnails, when opening MPGQ they get created. When restarting there seems to be no performance gain. So why are they saved at all? Maybe they get created at every start? What it will be, there is room for improvement

Oh, i have to get back to work ^^

The Following User Says Thank You to longuist For This Useful Post:
BTW, I've got +7000 (7K) pictures in /home/user/MyDocs/DCIM directory, and some more in MicroSD.
Will MaePyGalleryQML be able to handle such a number of pictures, and let me choose between internal/external storage?

Thanks,
Rafa.

The Following User Says Thank You to rgodinez For This Useful Post:
Longuist
MPGQ is using thumbnails which tracker made, they are in /home/user/.thumbnails/cropped. MPGQ is not saving any thumbnails. Cache thumbnails means that all grid of thumbs will be loaded, so when you have 500 images, it will load 500 thumbnails to RAM, when it's off it is loading about 100.

rgodinez
It should handle, let's try and tell me.

The reason it wasn't working for me was I hadn't installed qtcomponents .
I supposed everything required was defined as a dependency of MaePyGalleryQML .deb package. It should.

Now it works pretty well:

It's able to handle a directory with 10,000 pictures in it, quicky.
But it gives some error messages in execution console if invoked as /opt/MaePyGalleryQML/maepygalleryqml .

file:///usr/lib/qt4/imports/com/nokia/meego/Button.qml:77:5: QML BorderImage: Failed to get image from provider: image://theme/meegotouch-button-background-pressed-horizontal-center
file:///usr/lib/qt4/imports/com/nokia/meego/Button.qml:77:5: QML BorderImage: Failed to get image from provider: image://theme/meegotouch-button-background-horizontal-center
file:///usr/lib/qt4/imports/com/nokia/meego/Button.qml:77:5: QML BorderImage: Failed to get image from provider: image://theme/meegotouch-button-background-pressed-horizontal-right
file:///usr/lib/qt4/imports/com/nokia/meego/Button.qml:77:5: QML BorderImage: Failed to get image from provider: image://theme/meegotouch-button-background-horizontal-right
file:///usr/lib/qt4/imports/com/nokia/meego/Button.qml:77:5: QML BorderImage: Failed to get image from provider: image://theme/meegotouch-button-background-pressed-horizontal-left
file:///usr/lib/qt4/imports/com/nokia/meego/Button.qml:77:5: QML BorderImage: Failed to get image from provider: image://theme/meegotouch-button-background-horizontal-left
file:///usr/lib/qt4/imports/com/nokia/meego/Button.qml:77:5: QML BorderImage: Failed to get image from provider: image://theme/meegotouch-button-background

Did I miss any other dependency?
I noticed also qtcomponents-examples and qtcomponents-dev exist. Are they required?

Thanks for this tool.

Now some space for improvement: where can I see picture name or other details?

Also, pictures seem to be alphabetically ordered, and this is less convenient than time ordered, as pictures taken on 1st day of every month of every year are put together, then the 2nd day, and so forth.

Regards,
Rafa.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rgodinez For This Useful Post:
I have included qt-components-10 in dependiences so it should be installed with MPGQ.
Nice to hear that it works with 10k images
I can't tell You what's wrong with this error, do you see buttons ? Maybe restart will get everything working.

and sorting, I will make options for sorting, it's usefull option. Details... what is the most information what do you want ? filename ? or you think about other informations like date, which camera itp.

I also noticed that crashing it's not my fault, I started "Extras Gallery" from qtcomponents-examples and minimized it and after some work on phone... it's gone. So it's QML bug or maemo. Can someone test it like me ?

I have a small problem, that some files [about 10-15 ] are not loaded [i.e. thumbnails] at the beggining and at the end. Can you please rectify.
Thanks and I liked the Animation...

Edit:
Request: can you give an option to show all the image files present in emmc and sd card.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TransTech For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jendkers View Post
I have included qt-components-10 in dependiences so it should be installed with MPGQ.
Nice to hear that it works with 10k images
I can't tell You what's wrong with this error, do you see buttons ? Maybe restart will get everything working.

and sorting, I will make options for sorting, it's usefull option. Details... what is the most information what do you want ? filename ? or you think about other informations like date, which camera itp.
I see buttons text, but not button shape.
Nevertheless, I've just realized you've mentioned qt-components-10, and I've installed qt-components.

# dpkg -l qt-components
(...)
qt-components 1.0-git20110620-7-1fn

Nokia-N900:~# fapt-cache search qt-components
qt-components - Qt Quick components runtime libraries
qt-components-base-icons - Icons for MeeGo 1.2 Harmattan Qt components base theme
qt-components-dbg - Qt Quick components debug symbols
qt-components-examples - Qt Quick components examples
qt-components-dev - Qt Quick components development files
qt-components-10-dbg - Qt Quick components debug symbols
qt-components-10-dev - Qt Quick components development files
qt-components-10-examples - Qt Quick components Examples
qt-components-10 - Qt Quick components runtime libraries
qt-components-blanco-theme - Themes required by Qt Components
qt-components-base-theme - Themes required by Qt Components
Nokia-N900:~#

Which are required?
Filename is a good starting point, that can be shown by default and hidden upon touch or something like that.
Then an option to show full EXIF details would be welcome (like stock Image Viewer).

The Following User Says Thank You to rgodinez For This Useful Post:
It need qt-components-blanco-theme, I wrote it in dependencies so it should be installed with MPGQ.

Now I am working on sorting images, and optimizing time of startup, I have idea to make MPGQ load last about (all images / 6), and when someone wants more he will scroll down and more images will be loaded.

Another update, thanks a lot!
Still looking good :-)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daniel_m For This Useful Post: