Hi all,

My n900 has been working flawlessly up until now - had it a few weeks - a rare happy MPD pre-order customer

Today I'm having difficulties charging it. I'm at work so using the charger adapter (Genuine, OEM) to charge it, not the direct mains to USB unit.

I've tried two different chargers, a newer small pin type and an old fat boy I found lying around the office - no joy.

I've noticed the plug in part of the adapter is getting quite hot. I havent noticed this before but then I havent checked it before either.

Is anyone else having similar issues? I hope its the adapter and not the phone!

Annoying though - very quiet at work and was enjoying reading my eBook Quite a battery drainer.....

Stu.

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by stushez View Post
Hi all,

My n900 has been working flawlessly up until now - had it a few weeks - a rare happy MPD pre-order customer

Today I'm having difficulties charging it. I'm at work so using the charger adapter (Genuine, OEM) to charge it, not the direct mains to USB unit.

I've tried two different chargers, a newer small pin type and an old fat boy I found lying around the office - no joy.

I've noticed the plug in part of the adapter is getting quite hot. I havent noticed this before but then I havent checked it before either.

Is anyone else having similar issues? I hope its the adapter and not the phone!

Annoying though - very quiet at work and was enjoying reading my eBook Quite a battery drainer.....

Stu.
Are you getting the funkay noise too? - my connector sounds like it's sizzling - have to admit i never get an issue with the proper charger - so i just bought a few spares

Sometimes it charges for about 10 seconds or so - then I get the funky noise that sounds like a drive spooling up to speed.

Then it get a noise that sounds (I know this is weird) like the negative version of that and the phone stops charging.

That happens every 10 attempts or so - the rest of the time nothing at all.

Bah humbug!