Notices

so mplayer might be capable of playing 720p vids, i'll try it .

Posts: 552 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Not decided
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
The config file is at /home/user/.config/Stuart Howarth/cuteTube.conf.

The organisation name from QSettings (my name) is used for the subfolder, rather than the application name (which would make more sense IMO).

EDIT:

Do you get an information banner saying that your login attempt was unsuccessful? If not, you may need to install the qtmaemo5 module, by entering:

Code:
apt-get install python2.5-qt4-qtmaemo5
Ι deleted my .conf file but the problem is still here. I updated my python modules but the problem remains. The message "Unable to verify youtube account details" appears.

The name of the lib you mentioned me is "python2.5-qt4-maemo5" I think.

is it just me not able to stream, or play downloaded videos with any quality better than the lowest one ?
i'm using the media player.

just downloaded a 360p video and wasn't able to play it in my media player, why ?

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by maddude View Post
just downloaded a 360p video and wasn't able to play it in my media player, why ?
The media player does not support the YouTube 360p format. I have changed the options to reflect this. My next build will only allow 360p and 480p if MPlayer is used. I plan to write an internal media player for cuteTube once the remaining bugs are fixed.

My website

GitHub

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by anapospastos View Post
Ι deleted my .conf file but the problem is still here. I updated my python modules but the problem remains. The message "Unable to verify youtube account details" appears.

The name of the lib you mentioned me is "python2.5-qt4-maemo5" I think.
I'm hoping that I've fixed any authentication issues. I'll be uploading a new build later today, once I've carried out a few tests.

My website

GitHub

Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
please answer me!!!how to download low quality videos? becouse we have limited usage of internet..or there is no way at the moment.

thanks man ! mplayer plays good, but its a pain, we can't see the playing bar, no on screen buttons, and.... only the video playing, and some keyboard shortcuts.
anyway remember something, its great having an internal player for this awesome app (with hd support [480p] ) , but there are people with low connections (like me) arround the world, so make sure we can pause the video and it will continu loading, not like the media player . kind of like on the youtube page.
and wouldn't it be easier to put it in the testings (or devels) ? it will reach extras by tomorow. (because its the best youtube app)

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by nicholes View Post
please answer me!!!how to download low quality videos? becouse we have limited usage of internet..or there is no way at the moment.
Not nice way to ask..:|

You can already download 360p videos. If you are asking how to download those IIRC 3gp or something very low quality videos then you probably know answer if you have installed app :|

.edit
These?
http://m.youtube.com/

Originally Posted by nicholes View Post
You can download videos at 480x270 atm. How low do you want to go? I can add the lowest quality formats. That is no problem.

I'm still waiting for permission to upload to extras-devel atm. I'll upload as soon as I can.

EDIT: I will add options for 400x266 and 176x144.

My website

GitHub

Last edited by marxian; 2010-11-21 at 14:47.

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:

Tags
youtube