is it ad-hoc mode only,or does it support infrastructure mode? (stupid android tab...)

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by slarti View Post
is it ad-hoc mode only,or does it support infrastructure mode? (stupid android tab...)
and stupid HP touchpad

Originally Posted by marrat View Post
My Twitter sync is currently not working... 1 hr ago it worked, but now the status updates didn't show in the homescreen anymore. In the Twitter app they worked, though.

For testing, I removed my Twitter account and wanted to re-create it. But now in the accounts settings, it says "cannot connect to Twitter"... Anyone else facing this problem?
Fixed this now with restoring a backup of before this problem occured... I suspect a corrupted accounts.db...

The Following User Says Thank You to marrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
It have SIP client out of box yes? If not ->rubbish

Originally Posted by marrat View Post
Fixed this now with restoring a backup of before this problem occured... I suspect a corrupted accounts.db...
Damn... doing hard reset right now... having multiple problems with accounts...

Edit: After hard reset, everything works fine again... will watch this... if anyone else runs into this problem, please raise your hands... then we should maybe raise a bug with Nokia.

Last edited by marrat; 2011-10-10 at 18:11.

The Following User Says Thank You to marrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by slarti View Post
Ad-Hoc only. It's a renamed JoikuSpot.

My website

GitHub

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 387 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Dublin
anyone want to test the phone tracking application for lost/stolen phone. and can you also have a few apps open and be browsing a data intensive website that has nice bit of javascript and pictures gifs etc (over 3g) and see if there's lag in answering an incoming call. this was one thing which used to happen on the n900 for me.

also, does skype chat when you log on try sync the conversations you've had on your desktop? i've had lots of problems with having large txt conversations over skype on my pc over a few days and then logging on with my n900 and have it hang the conversation app and lag the phone and spam me with the messages. please tell me the n9 doesn't have this.

The Following User Says Thank You to smegheadz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lsolano View Post
i. Has someone used a Bluetooth car kit? I'm specially interested in Bluetooth Phone Book Access Profile (PBAP)
No.
On the N900 I had to use this solution hopefully someone will do the same for N9

Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
SIP client (native out of the box) ???
Does the N9 - more a phone than a mobile computer- have the built in SIP client that made Nokia communication devices great for generations?
Yes / No
Yes

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vaskinn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 97 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ switzerland
Originally Posted by lsolano View Post
i. Has someone used a Bluetooth car kit? I'm specially interested in Bluetooth Phone Book Access Profile (PBAP)
Well, I just quickly tried pairing my phone with my car's inbuilt BT today. It did that with no problems at all, but I could not bring up my phone's contacts on the car's display. It didn't show any errors though, just said "No entries in phonebook". I don't know if I didn't wait long enough (I was in a hurry), my previous android phones sometimes needed several minutes to do a full sync.

Otherwise, calling worked, as well as browsing the incoming and missed calls lists.

Edit: went to see the paired devices list on the phone and for the connection with the car it lists supported profiles: SPP OPP FTP HSP A2DP HFP

Last edited by ziller; 2011-10-10 at 21:33.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ziller For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Using the sip with VoipDiscount.com (part of Betamax, or however it is call the company) and it works much better than it does with the N900. I'm very happy about it especially for the sound quality and the ability to initiate the connection to the voip account by simply selecting from the contacts to call someone using sip.

The phone becomes a little hot after 20 minutes but temperature remained constant for the next hour of the call. I think for the future long calls I will use a handsfree.

You have the option to setup more than one accounts but I haven't tried that,

HIH

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post: