Posts: 772 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jul 2005 @ Montclair, NJ (NYC suburbs)
Found this table at Forum Nokia:
Read the full article.

Posts: 223 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ home
That's interesting..... I saw that same table just a couple days ago, and I don't remember seeing a "sales finished" under the 770... I doubt I would have missed something that major.

I guess I'm not too surprised, had to be done eventually.... but....but.....I'm a bit sad

Give me a moment alone :'(

--Jon

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Yeah i am sad also. i still remember those days when i used to go to sleep(very late) with my n770 on my side.

It made my life lot happier than many things...

ROFL

The title of this thread hits this situation correctly.
Toooo new to be old.

What makes me angry is that they continued to produce and sell a product that had many unfixed bugs long after they had for all practical purposes end of lifed it.

I think Nokia should now do the rightful thing and completely open up the 770 so the community can maintain/update it.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by DynaMight View Post
I think Nokia should now do the rightful thing and completely open up the 770 so the community can maintain/update it.
Would be nice, but, unfortunately, they don't own the rights to a lot of the binary code that's on the device.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
What binary? The OS... that's understandable. The firmware? They *should* own that.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
What binary? The OS... that's understandable. The firmware? They *should* own that.
I think he had the awful Opera browser in mind.

Let's hope MicroB on the 810 works better than on the 770...

Ray

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
I think he had the awful Opera browser in mind.

Let's hope MicroB on the 810 works better than on the 770...

Ray
Hardly. More like drivers for the Bluetooth and Wifi, plus certain hildon and osso tools. There isn't much Nokia can do about this as they don't hold the licenses for most of the binaries.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I think you're confusing the two a little here. Understandable when comparing a mobile platform to a regular PC, but still.