Posts: 352 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Vancouver
Originally Posted by orcocan View Post
one thing nokia needs to learn from Apple is marketing

tomorrow joe bloggs on the street will talk to his friends and say "oh did you see that now with the new icraphone you can do video calls, that's so cool!"

nobody knows that N900 (and many others) can already do that, over wifi and 3g

there's plenty of people out there who think that apple invented smartphones and then everybody else started copying them...!!!
Agree on the marketing but hey with the apple video calls you can flip from back to the front camera (thats cool), I could use this for work and family calls. no other phone can do that!

Originally Posted by qw3rty View Post
And only iPhone 4 to iPhone 4... Major fail there as far as I'm concerned.
the video calling isn't really a biggie. It's been around at least since 2003, and never really taken off.

Originally Posted by Freemantle View Post
the video calling isn't really a biggie. It's been around at least since 2003, and never really taken off.
Same can be said about alot of things, Apple will however take it and do it right, which is when the others will try to imitate and improve it again

Also lets face it, phones from 2003 weren't technologically capable enough for video-calling, Snapdragon, A4 and Cortex phones today are

Last edited by PradaBrada; 2010-06-07 at 22:02.

The Following User Says Thank You to PradaBrada For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kojacker View Post
Hmm.. I didnt think three or t-mobile had, that's interesting..
you're right 3 don't. T-Mobile may have now, seeing as they've linked up with orange.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I can already see what will be the main feature for Iphone 5. You will only be able to call to other iphones. All the bad apples will cheer while apple takes away their freedom.

Originally Posted by nosa101 View Post
Sometimes I wonder why Nokia can't makke that one phone and then call it a day. I understand the need to satisfy various markets but why must there be multiple "flagships".

Why can't one device have the best camera, OS, processor, design and whatnot that Nokia has to offer.
and why doesnt ford just make one model of car and levis only one style of jeans

geez, just think about it for a minute.

nokia is way bigger than just the midrange american smartphone market just like ford is way bigger than the american midsize sedan market.

do you really think nokia would make more money if they only made one phone?

The Following User Says Thank You to quipper8 For This Useful Post:
Can i vote for how important freedom and openess are.. as apposed to appstores and ecosystems?

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London
On the three network in the UK in 2003, video calls over 3g were the same value as voice calls for the introductory first year. I had 900 mins a month of these and it worked fine.

It was pretty good and I used it a bit but many times you didn't want people to know where you were (people will force you to use it if they know you have it)!! And then they charged extra for the service and I didn't really miss it.

Last edited by imperiallight; 2010-06-07 at 22:11.

Originally Posted by ysss View Post
What's interesting about the screen is that I think apple will make use of it to enhance readability and media definition within the comfortable ergonomics envelope while retaining high aesthetic standards. (Yeah, that's RDF talk probably.) not just to cram desktop apps on small screen.
I think Apple will use it mainly (at first, anyway) to pixel-double existing apps that are hard-coded to HVGA. (Which makes me wonder if they use straight pixel doubling, or something like 2×SaI.)

Funny thing is, they'd have probably been content with WVGA like everyone else otherwise -- odd that a loathsome combination of decisions (pathetic resolution, strongly resolution-dependent design) ultimately pushed them to introduce a better screen than everyone else.

But FWIW, I want that screen in a Meego phone so I can cram bigger desktop apps into it. Maybe keep the capacitive touch and add an active digitizer -- I could certainly use cursor-on-hover for that PPI.

The Following User Says Thank You to Benson For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by acvetkov View Post
please be specific? Name me one feature that N900 doesn`t have.
Seriously?

The Following User Says Thank You to Freemantle For This Useful Post:

Tags
can you, canitouchuthere, hear me now, iphone 4, itoilet paper, waste of money, waste of time, whining, worstthreadever